Prawn Heads.

rayke1938

Who sucks the juice out of their prawn heads?

Cooked or raw?

Would froen ones be like a prawn flavored ice block?

What does it taste like?

I also know that Tai's dad sucks the juice out of redclaw heads.

All sounds gross to me.

Should I give it a try?

Its not really on my bucket list.

Cheers

Ray

I have a mate that eats prawn heads, if hungry he'll eat them raw, if really hungry he'll eat them alive. Also he eats all of the mud crab, guts and all, bar the shell and gills, many times he has ruined a good feed of crab for me :sick:

Who sucks the juice out of their prawn heads?

Cooked or raw?

Would froen ones be like a prawn flavored ice block?

What does it taste like?

I also know that Tai's dad sucks the juice out of redclaw heads.

All sounds gross to me.

Should I give it a try?

Its not really on my bucket list.

Cheers

Ray

Bit early to get on the cough medicine Ray?? :D

Personally - gross.

But what have you got to lose by trying it once? I'd skip trying that with a raw prawn though. Will possibly make you sick.

I've eaten the heads cooked on the bbq, not too bad but I'm not in a rush to do it again.......I used to have some islander mates and on lunch break they'd buy a lobster from woolies for 10 bucks when they were on special, snap the tail off and dig out the meat then dip it in the brains/guts for " sauce " :sick:

No way I'd eat a raw prawn head and as for Bommie's mate, that's just plain wrong :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I am infamous amongst my friends and family for eating them. When me, my 3 brothers and Dad are gathered around a couple of kilos of prawns, they just send the heads my way. I honestly rate them taste-wise ahead of the tail. If they were minced up they would make an awesome paste.

Also eat fish eyes and in fact pretty much all of the fish head including the lips and DEFINITELY the cheeks (best part, slightly ahead of the wings).

And as for crabs/crays - the 'mustard' as we've always called it is mostly awesome although occasionally you get one that doesn't taste quite right.

Obviously each persons taste buds are different and each to their own - but I honestly reckon many more people would enjoy the taste if they weren't put off by the thought of it.

Hmmmmmm ...... I've just finished a big roast pork meal and now you've all got me craving seafood!!!!

Suprised you havent tried it yet Ray! Dad loves the heads on fish, redclaw, prawns and underneath the mud crab shell.

Whereas for me, hate fish head, redclaw juice / brains ... :sick: but i LOVE prawn heads. not raw, only cooked. break the head off gently, keeping all the juice and then sucking it.

I could pour it in a cup and drink it!

Henry, im suprised you dont like it or havent tried it! Im sure your dad loves it too! Your dads cooking is awesome!!!!

Ray, Do it, close your eyes and drink it... add a bit of lemon juice to make it easier... its just like oysters the first time you eat it..

Let us know what you think.

cheers

Archived