Just starting out

Joog85

Hey just after some info, I just had my first fishing experience in the Brisbane river at breakfast creek. I got there at 4pm, tide was on the run out, I brought live bait that I'd caught earlier, small mullet, herring and live prawns. First cast I rigged a small mullet through the tail, within 5 minutes the line took off, and I was snapped off shortly after, only had 8lbs leader. Then I changed to 20lbs with a live whiting from the pontoon and same again, line took off and within seconds the fish had gone into some structure and I had no choice but to cut the line, exact same thing again with a live prawn just on low at 6:30pm.whatever these fish were they powerful, any one know what species they might have been? I was thinking jew, And what do this fish dive into around that pontoon, is it old pylons or rocks or what.

Hi Mate,

have you tried opening the bail arm when they go into places you can't get em out.sometimes this works for me,you got nothing to lose,if they do come out,crank like hell to get them away from there..I'd say you latched onto a couple of jew fish maybe.. B)

Archived