State Of Origin GAME 2

Gad

ANZ Stadium Sydney Wednesday, June 13.

Maroons:

Billy Slater, Brent Tate, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Darius Boyd, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Petero Civoneciva, Cameron Smith, Matt Scott( family illness, may withdraw), Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison.

Interchange: Matt Gillett, David Shillington, Ben Hannant, Dave Taylor.

Standby Corey Parker

The Queensland coach said lock Ashley Harrison was battling a groin complaint but was confident he would play.

Canterbury fullback Ben Barba was named 19th man.

Blues:

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jarryd Hayne 3. Michael Jennings 4. Josh Morris5. Akuila Uate 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Tim Grant 9. Robbie Farah 10. James Tamou 11. Glenn Stewart 12. Greg Bird 13. Paul Gallen

Interchange:14. Trent Merrin 15. Luke Lewis 16. Ben Creagh 17. Anthony Watmough

Blues Four changes for Game 2,

Out: dropped Buhrer, Cecchin, Hampstead and injured Williams

In: Tim Grant • Anthony Watmough (he`s No.17 not 18 this time, so wants to join in) Tony Archer. Steve Clark

On standby: anyone but Cecchin and Hampstead

Gallop resigned today, about time the useless twat. Now I predict the refs are going to go very easy on NSW this next game (I reckon they will have strict instructions from NSWRL and Harrogan since he nearly lost his job, to give the 50/50 calls to NSW) we will still win of course. GO QLD

David Gallop stands down as CEO

NRL.com Tue, Jun 05, 2012 - 1:52 PM

David Gallop stands down as ARLC CEO effective immediately. Copyright: Action Photos

The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) today announced that the Board and Mr David Gallop had come to a mutual agreement that will see Mr Gallop stepping down from his role as CEO of the Commission, effective immediately.

ARL Commission Chairman, Mr John Grant, indicated that the Commission was put in place to bring a fresh approach to the way the game can be envisioned, structured and governed. It is the single controlling body and administrator of the game and the trustee for Rugby League in Australia. Its responsibility is equally to the future as the present. “David understands the need for a fresh approach. Taking this into account and with the interests of the game at heart, the Board and David have reached an agreement that the game needs a different style of leadership detached from the past for the next stage of its development,†Mr Grant said.

He paid tribute to Mr Gallop’s leading role in navigating Rugby League through a decade of growth and change that culminated in the establishment of the Independent Commission earlier this year.

“This agreement should in no way detract from the job David has done over the last decade. He has proven his skills as an effective administrator despite having one of the toughest jobs in sports management and he can be justifiably proud of his achievements and the legacy he leaves,†Mr Grant said.

“His leadership and dedication through often challenging times has been a contributor to the commercial success of the NRL competition and the popularity Rugby League enjoys today.

“On behalf of the ARL Commission and the Rugby League community I thank him for the countless hours he has devoted to promoting and improving Rugby League in Australia,†Mr Grant said.

Mr Gallop said: “It’s been a privilege for me to lead the game over the last 10 years and see the game's resurgence. I love the game and wish it well. Given there’s never a good time to give effect to a decision such as this, the Commission and I have both determined it’s best for me to depart immediately. I would like to thank the clubs, the players, my staff and the fans of the game. It has been an exhilarating and challenging period, but no one can do this job forever.â€

Mr Grant said: “David leaves with the broadcast negotiations under control following the appointment of Greenhill Caliburn as lead negotiator and the new whole-of-game strategic plan well advanced.

"The search for a new CEO will commence immediately and, in the interim, NRL General Manager of Strategy, Mr Shane Mattiske, who is leading the Executive’s role in the broadcast negotiations and development of the whole-of-game strategic plan, has agreed to lead the business.

“We have a very capable Senior Leadership Team that, with the support of the Board, will ensure there is continuity until a new CEO is appointed,†he said.

The ARL Commission was established in February this year as the single controlling body and administrator of Rugby League.Comprising sporting and business leaders who act as trustees of the game, it is chaired by IT executive and former Kangaroo John Grant and comprises former advertising executive Ian Elliot, finance executive Peter Gregg, former Kangaroo and business coach Wayne Pearce OAM, former corporate executive Gary Pemberton AC, Indigenous educator Chris Sarra, and corporate executives Jeremy Sutcliffe and Catherine Harris AO PSM.Its formation represented an historic convergence of Rugby League’s governance structures with the backing of all clubs and all leagues.

:woohoo: Hahaha. Love the team changes info :silly:

You missed out Ashley Harrison from the Qld side....or have we agreed to leave our lock out to even things up ?

bugger.. Chopped him accidentally when I did an edit... even playing 12 it will be 7-0 :P

>http://www.deniscarnahan.com.au/TIQ.html

hope this works ... :woohoo: :woohoo:

Love it… Back in the day when Origin was formulated, the controlling bodies were the ARL (dominated by NSW members) the NSWRL ( appeared to be dominated by 1 Sydney club) :dry: and the QRL,( only Qlders who spell beer the correct way: XXXX) :)

The NSWRL looked on it as a joke that would not last :P ( but a few games could bring in some $$$$) the ARL (NSW dominated,saw $$$$ making experiment) ;) and the QRL said “bring it on†:woohoo:

So all these NSW reps and 1 or 2 Qld reps decided/voted on, what the (player – state) eligibility criteria was going to be.

:)

30 odd years later NSW are still wailing that they got it wrong… :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Source:
/>http://www.nrl.com/arlc-locks-in-rep-schedule/tabid/10874/newsid/67638/default.aspx

ARLC Locks in Rep Schedule

NRL Thu, May 24, 2012 - 4:05 PM

The Australian Rugby League Commission has made a number of determinations regarding the structure of the 2013 season while also confirming that this year’s Test between the VB Kangaroos and the Kiwis will be played on October 13 in Townsville.

In confirming the Test venue, the Commission gave on-going support to a mid-season Test between the two nations in the context of a ‘stand-alone’ representative weekend that included City v Country.

At its meeting today at the offices of the Melbourne Storm, the ARL Commission has also determined that it will retain Wednesday night State of Origin matches.

There will be a further concentration of byes before and after Origin matches to minimise the impact on clubs while the Commission has also committed to working with the New South Wales and Queensland camps to invest in additional measures to assist player recovery.

In reaching its decision today, the Commission reviewed independent medical analysis of recovery times for athletes that included an injury database assessment of injuries incurred during and immediately after recent Origin matches.

“The success of the Harvey Norman State of Origin Series in its current format speaks for itself over a number of yearsâ€, said ARLC Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop.

“Today’s Commission meeting examined a detailed analysis of recovery times and the effect of the Origin series on the overall season structure.

“The flow-on effects of stand-alone Origins across the entire year are such that they are not a practical alternative but the addition of a representative weekend, which worked well in 2012, and of further adjustments to the byes will address a number of issues that have been raised in the

Queenslands` Sam Thaiday ruled out of second State of Origin game with shoulder injury.

Corey Parker goes into the 17, I don`t think there will be too much missing with him in the side as Thaidays` replacement,his defence and work rate is always high ,and he worked hard last series

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/ricky-stuart-and-bill-harrigan-meet-to-clear-the-air-over-referee-issues-from-state-of-origin-i/story-fn31yxah-1226389433090

NSW coach Ricky Stuart and referees boss Bill Harrigan have come face to face for the first time since the controversial State of Origin opener which sparked their war or words.

With NSWRL general manager Geoff Carr and Blues adviser Bob Fulton by his side, Stuart headed to Rugby League Central on Friday afternoon armed with proof of a host of referees' calls he believes went against his side in game one.

Stuart had initially indicated he did not want to meet with Harrigan or fellow referees boss Stuart Raper, but was convinced to go ahead with the meeting by ARLC general manager of football operations Nathan McGuirk, who also attended the gathering.

"It was a positive discussion with the referees," said Stuart..

Mmm…. Could a noisome wind machine and it`s squeaky bearings enjoy a more than favourable penalty count in game 2.?

Yeah, If NSW win it will be friggin obvious that all this bitching/crying from ricky & co has had an effect on how they will ref game 2. Doesn't matter either way cause when it comes up here - them lowlife blue c0ckroaches r gonna get learned somethin fierce.

!!!!!!!!!!!QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Woodlaz

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/maroons-greats-fire-back-at-new-south-wales-coach-ricky-stuarts-remarkable-rant/story-fn31yxah-1226390832137

A number of Queensland's Former Origin Greats have fired back at Ricky Stuart's claims the Maroons were "smug, arrogant bigheads".

The Maroons were taken aback by Stuart's remarkable broadside but responded by saying he was a one trick pony in the way he tried to motivate his troops.

"That is all he's got," ex-Queensland strong man Dave Brown said.

"I think Queensland are the team with all the improvement.

"Stuart has not stopped whingeing since that first game and it looks as if he has got his way with the change of referees. Mal Meninga has given him nothing to feed off so he has had a crack here.

"I saw Bob Fulton sitting behind him in the coaches box and it looks as if he is following what Bob used to do - give the refs a massive spray and see how you go."

Queensland's most loyal supporter Chris Close labelled Stuart "the greatest gibberer that NSW has produced" after the Blues coach labelled the Maroons "smug", "arrogant" and "big-heads" - in an extraordinary outburst on the eve of State of Origin II.

And former Blues greats Benny Elias and Fox Sports rugby league expert Laurie Daley supported Stuart's claims and also took aim at the Maroons.

"I can't believe how big-headed Queensland has become. They are arrogant and smug," Elias said

"They are really getting up my nose. The only way to shut them up is to beat them on the field and I reckon that will happen."

"What makes me sick is that former Queensland players are now jumping on the bandwagon.

"They are spruiking the six series wins - some haven't played for 20 years."

A fired-up Stuart wrote in his Sunday Telegraph column: "Queensland are the authority on all things Origin. It all starts and ends with them. Right?

"To be honest, I've had a gutful of Queensland's smugness and their fake graciousness in victory."

Daley, who captained the Blues in 13 of his 23 Origin games, added: "There is a certain smugness about Queensland. I guess they have earned that right after winning six straight series.

"It does becoming annoying constantly hearing that Queensland has more passion than NSW. It's just not true.

"Are they gracious in victory? I will let others judge that," he said.

"Let's not forget that a lot of Queensland predicted the death of Origin when NSW was dominant a few years back. Ricky will have NSW ready to go on Wednesday night. I guess the best way to quieten them down is to beat them."

Stuart's column, however, did not go down well north of the border, with Maroons prop David Shillington revealing he was offended by the outburst.

"I do take it a bit personally," Shillington told ABC Radio. "There's a natural rivalry and hatred between Queensland and NSW. I think it's the same when Australia play against New Zealand.

"I think Ricky says things in his column to fire up NSW fans and instil a bit of confidence in his NSW team as well. But sometimes he goes a bit far."

Coach Mal Meninga, who last week claimed he may be overlooked as an Immortal because NSW judges didn't like him, was also in no mood to give ground to the Blues, saying his team always put the game first.

"We prepare hard. We put the game first, we put the team first, we do everything we can to make sure we do everything that is right," Meninga said.

"I don't know where he (Stuart) gets that terminology from."………….

Poor old Ricky,he really has some type of ‘in denial disorder’,even as a player in a beaten team, he could never admit to being beaten by a better team on the day.It was always everone elses` fault

And poor little Benny…"I can't believe how big-headed Queensland has become. They are arrogant and smug," Elias said.

SOO 2000, NSW had already won Games One & Two of the Series to reclaim the Origin Shield.

Game 3..In the 65th Minute - NSW score again this time through backrower Bryan Fletcher. It starts with Tim Brasher being put through a gap and the fullback off loads to Fletcher who scores under the posts – ‘triggering the now famous 'hand grenade and they all fall down’ post-try celebration

Geeeee whiz Benny, maybe they had good teachers….. :lol::lol::lol:

I`ve always known Qld was good, but just how great are they…

/>http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/logan/six-logan-rugby-league-players-set-to-guide-the-queensland-womens-side-to-a-historic-14th-straight-win/story-fn8oe3nk-1226387722318

FORGET seven, 14 is the magic number. While the Queensland Maroons men's side sits on the verge of sealing its seventh straight series win this Wednesday night, on June 23 at Centrebet Stadium, Penrith, the Qld womens side will be out to win their 14th consecutive State of Origin victory….

Queensland Times: Rebecca Lynch | 11th June 2012 5:00 AM

LIMESTONE Park echoed with the skirl of bagpipes on Saturday, when 15 pipe bands met for an interstate contest.

The Queensland Championships Gathering of the Clans featured bands from across Queensland and New South Wales, the State of Origin-style event saw Queensland emerge as the resounding winner. :P

:woohoo:

Wasn't Thurston's best game, or probably Inglis' best game. But if Jennings doesn't hit that ball out of Tate's hand.... or Hayne's knock-on doesn't land on his boot by accident... or if Carney didn't pull a knife on Corey Parker, anything could have happened. :P Who am I kidding, the blues probably deserved the win but it still sux.

Wasn't Thurston's best game, or probably Inglis' best game. But if Jennings doesn't hit that ball out of Tate's hand.... or Hayne's knock-on doesn't land on his boot by accident... or if Carney didn't pull a knife on Corey Parker, anything could have happened. :P Who am I kidding, the blues probably deserved the win but it still sux.

It would not have been a knife, rather a glass. I've heard he carries one onto the field in case there's a stoush he can then cowardly glass someone :whistle:

refs are a joke in all NRL games . 2 refs a video ref and 2 touch judges and they still can't get it right . Maybe they should change the refs sleeves from OPSM to GUIDE DOGS AUST !!!!!

What in particular was wrong with the reffing?

Just seems like the typical excuse your gonna go for.....

It would not have been a knife, rather a glass. I've heard he carries one onto the field in case there's a stoush he can then cowardly glass someone :whistle:

but corey parker doesn't have long hair, boobs and a u know what.

Greggie birds radar must need calibrating :evil:

refs are a joke in all NRL games . 2 refs a video ref and 2 touch judges and they still can't get it right . Maybe they should change the refs sleeves from OPSM to GUIDE DOGS AUST !!!!!

nothing to do with origin games , it is in All NRL games . If 2 refs , 2 touch judges and a man upstairs can't get it right then they have no chance .

nothing to do with origin games , it is in All NRL games . If 2 refs , 2 touch judges and a man upstairs can't get it right then they have no chance .

Oh yeh, i agree. The same ref that did the first origin, made some terrible calls, and he reffed the game last week with the broncos and made just as many terrible calls. And the other 9000000 refs on the field couldnt even help. I say back to old school, one ref.

Archived