wooopzz.. that isnt goood...

Runty66

well well welll...

had abit of a problem with the donk afew weeks back whiched turned out to be a loose cable in the kill switch cord, so fixed that..

the other day at minibucks i had another problem.. ( 2nd time in two trips and 2nd time in 2 years! )

the thing is, it so how go stuck in forward, but the prop isnt spinning at all? only reeving ?

anyone had problems like this before? im gonna book it in for a service soon.

also really bad news, i opened the screw where the gear box oil is to see if i had plenty left and it was all milky! soo there is a leak in it somewhere!! which from i read is gonna cost about 400 bucks to reseal it!! :pinch:

can anyone recommand a good guy/ shop to fix it northside? im guessing im gonna have to take it in?

might even mick fillet can give me a hand?

thanks runt B)

Do your gear box oil then start it up on the muffs and select forward and see if it spins.

If you get revs and no forward motion in the water then it could be the thrust washer has chewed through which is not a huge issue.

If the prop DOESNT spin at all when in gear on the muffs then its something gearbox related which is a little more terminal.

Is reverse ok.

Do you have a sheer pin prop or a rubber bush in hub. If the bush has gone you usually have drive at low revs.

Put motor in gear and spin prop and see if shaft spins.

Re the milky oil. With a bit of luck it will be the rear seal gone because of fishing line around the shaft.

Seals are relatively cheap.

If the shaft has a wear groove in it you will have to use a stainless sleeve ( think its called ezy sleeve but uncertain)the sleeve and kit used to be around 50 bucks. Lot cheaper than replacing shaft.

Cheers

Ray

okay what ever you do dont have the motor running in gear and start playing with the prop or you might never see mrs palmer again if it suddenly wants to play the game while you have fingers where you shouldnt

bloody moderators spoil our fun again!

Runtman, what he means is get your mate to play with the prop while you do the gears

• 2 weeks later...

hey ray, not 100 percent sure what was wrong.. the guy is servicing it now, he said something might of been loose in the gear box which is why it didnt change gear?

He needs to get a part for the gear box to seal it aswell so should get it sometime next week :)

Archived