Japanese tackles....any suggestions what to buy?

beckenry

Gday guys, my roommate is going to do his phd works on marine biology in Japan and he asked me if i need any fishing tackle so he can buy them for me. I don't have any ideas what to buy so plz give me some advices. I usually just chase breams and flatties land based.

I am thinking about buying a reel or some lines so it is more convenient for him.

Thanks guys.

Is he able to get his hands on a shipping container?

If your looking at getting rods and reels I'd go a Daiwa 2000 size reel model depends on your budget.

Lures, Jackall Chubby all the way for bream and flathead, OSP soft plastics.

Thats just a start.

Around $400 or 500, The gear i am using now is stradic fj 3000 with 10lb braid, and a T-curve bream spin6102 rod....and sahara 2-4kg and symetre 2500 with 8lb braid. Thinking taking up inshore spinning for tailor from surf or rocks but not sure if the budget is enough or not.... what do you suggest? Should i buy braided lines or maybe a reel for surf from Japan?

if you looking for lures, i would go some duo bivi vibes or duo ebikko's.. they are a japan based brand, not well known in aus but by far are my fav brembo lure..

i think they retail for about 20 odd aus ea.. so anything under that is awesome, they are really good quality

Have a look at some of the shimano Japanese domestic market reels. They have a pretty good line up. Soare 30, New Twinpower, Vanquish, Cardiff. Some of these reels even come in 2000 sizes and they all look pretty good.

With Daiwa, just get a '10 certate - I think the Japanese models have a few extra bearings.

:)

austackle camo stick or a rhyno, premium tournament class

LOL... Austackle JDM

You won't need a new reel for chasing tailor in the surf. Just a new rod. So if you really want - a new rod more suitable for surf fishing although I can't really help you with specific models. Anything above at least 9ft though will work. Some people may not agree but that's a good length for cranking slugs off rockwalls.

braided lines should be cheaper to buy there.

Lure will be where you can save some good money. Take a stocktake of the lures you like now and ones you'd like to buy and try and buy them there. Yo-zuri's, megabass, duo, OSP, ecogear, duel ... the list goes on.

Also - reels are a little cheaper as well...

Have a look at some of the shimano Japanese domestic market reels. They have a pretty good line up. Soare 30, New Twinpower, Vanquish, Cardiff. Some of these reels even come in 2000 sizes and they all look pretty good.

With Daiwa, just get a '10 certate - I think the Japanese models have a few extra bearings.

:)

Highly recomend new 2011 twinpower I have a 3000 and a 4000 awsome reels get some yumeya knobs while your at it pimp them up

I LOVE JDM fishing gear :)

Archived