trolling lures

Oceandonkey

Ill be in the market for some of these soon and im just wondering what some of you have had the most success on.

I assume there are different species that gather in the sunshine, behind moreton and gold coast so any ideas on what types of lures we should be buying as we will be fishing all 3 of these areas.

Pretty sure we can get 6...maybe its 4 lines running out.

Post edited by: Oceandonkey, at: 2007/08/07 07:55

My favourites

For palaegics and some reefies-

#Halco Smiths Jig

#Black Magic Flea (skirted surface popper)

and I don't know about here, but my favourite by a long shot.....

#A rigged wolf herring or a little queeny

For reefies-

#Rapala Deep Tail Dancer

#Rapala Magnum sinking plongeant

Barra and Jacks-

#Classic Barra

#Most Rapala lures

A head hey....they may as well have split the atom with that technical name. Im just wondering if its worth getting some cheap ones of Ebay or with these its better to pay the higher prices in tackleshops for the better quality ones. eg

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bluewater-Fishing-Game-Lures-9-Fully-Rigged-Set-A_W0QQitemZ320144170889QQihZ011QQcategoryZ25564QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bluewater-Fishing-3-180mm-Rigged-Game-Lures-Set-B_W0QQitemZ320144180688QQihZ011QQcategoryZ25564QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oceandonkey wrote:

What size skirted ones would you use?

Depends what, when and where your chasing.

Come in and see me at Anaconda Logan.

We have some great colours in the Black Magic range.

They are killer.

Or even Williamson. They are a little cheaper but some will still work

Nastymind wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:
If bluewater foshing lires are the same standard as his braid they will be rubbish. Pay a bit more and see what you are getting.

Ray

Whos braid are you talking about?

Bluewater fishing nasty.

they have an online ebay store and the 2 links to lures that i posted are both from bluewater fishing.

Thanks mack that would be awesome, might have to take you up on that when he gets the boat. Less than one month now i cant wait and its not even mine lol. Next weekend i think may be the big shopping day :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :side:

Archived