petition against new green zones

Zim man

received this today in the email, takes two seconds to do

Fellow Fishers,

We need your help as an influential member of the fishing community to get the message out to everyone you know, through email and social media. We need you to use every practical resource at your disposal to get as many people as you can reach to fill in our simple online form, and send a letter to the Australian Federal Environment Minister explaining why he needs to change his Coral Sea plans and keep Marion, Kenn and Osprey Reefs open to recreational fishing. People power will win this - nothing else will make them change things! If you ever want to fish these reefs in the near or distant future, ACT NOW.

IT’S SO EASY - all they have to do is write their name and email address, and then press the submit button and the letter outlining the changes we want will be sent to the Australian Federal Environment Minister, showing that it is from their email address, and is signed by them personally – How easy is that?

This is the link you need to direct people to - http://nomadsportfishing.com.au/wordpress/sustainable-recreational-fishing/

Just fill in your name and email, press submit, and you’ve done your bit.

I want to also make clear that these proposed closures will not have a significant impact on Nomad Sportfishing’s charter operations. This is about the principal of us being locked out of reefs simply because environmental groups are pressuring the Government to make it happen, with no science or reason to back it up. And I can tell you all that with a 6 month old son, I want to take him to Kenn Reef one day. It’s time to start pushing back.

The federal government has once again failed to listen to the voice of recreational fishermen, and wants to close off access to Marion, Kenn and Osprey Reefs to all forms of recreational fishing.

People power will win this battle, not logic, reason or common sense – The head of the environment department in Canberra actually told me this on the phone earlier today, so it must be true!!!

We need your help to make sure the recreational community is heard through social media, and we tell the Government that we are not going to take this lying down anymore.

Please do whatever you can on your facebook page, email contacts, weekly newsletter, radio shows, interviews or whatever else you can do to make as many people as possible send this letter to the minister. It’s our only hope to make a difference!!!!!!

I sincerely appreciate any help you can offer, but we’re doing this for recreational fishing and future access.

Thanks.

Damon Olsen

Nomad sportfishing

Shorty,

I think that is a bit rough, do you hold the same opinion for the marine park totally encompassing Norfolk Island, where fishing is one of their more important food sources?, & a large part of their tourism income.

Craig

Shorty,

I think that is a bit rough, do you hold the same opinion for the marine park totally encompassing Norfolk Island, where fishing is one of their more important food sources?, & a large part of their tourism income.

Craig

I don't know what Part of email sent in my response stated I don't. Believe in the cause

Not wanting to offend, but you did state you thought he had alterior motives as he was a charter fisho,what is closed to charter fisho's will be closed to everyone else.

I haven't responded to the petition yet, as the link is down at present, but I will respond in the affirmative.

Craig

Just ban anyone who hasn't lived in Australia for 20 years from fishing, and any victorians and NSWelshman that haven't lived in QLD for 10 years from fishing in QLD, that will sort it out. :evil: and all NSW supporters

Listen chicken little so should sore lossers should be also put up on that list :P:P:P:P:P :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Shortie..... have you ever met Damon or spoken to him about anything at all....i used to work for him and let me tell you , while he may have his own agenda ( its his livelyhood and also keeps quite a few people employed at the same time) , he will actually have yours and others fishing at heart ... he is a genuine bloke and cares a hell of alot about fishing and the issues surrounding it.... its a favourite past time for thousands of people across this great country and for at least one bloke (Damon) to start something off takes guts so before you start jumping to conclusions , why dont you go have a chat with him....i think you'll be very surprised at his comments and demeanour! the office of Nomad is in Banyo 12/26 Depot St..... dont be shy as this will confirm that you are wrong with your comments!And whats more Nomad are an internationally recognised charter co. if not the best ive had the pleasure of working for!

Archived