Aratula and Moogerah Dam

richard7785

Ray and I had a fish below Moogerah just before closed season on bass started. They were fairly scarce that day - I think 3 all day. Plenty of spangleds. Ray brought in a good eating size yella.

That was close to a month ago now so things may have picked up as they seem to have in some of the other SEQ dams.

Good luck and let us know how you go. :)

thanks mate. yeah looking forward. it does seem like activity has picked up a bit. im thinking of hiring a kayak to get into some of the harder to reach places but ive heard people landing golden perch 30cm and bigger there quite reguarly off the bank. i will let you know how i go. im taking my laptop out so ill be sure to upload anything i may catch there

hey mate,

it wasnt to bad. got a few bites. had a massive bass probs topping about 35cm on but just as i got him to the bank the hook unlodged. was soo bummed about it was defs a pb for me. but yeah to get where theres any fish is a massive hike and id recommend hiking to it and camping over night right where your fishing. the other thing is, it is bloody cold haha so rug up

Archived