New Product Underwater fishing camera

daveylad

post-7571-144598814555_thumb.jpg

post-7571-14459881455_thumb.jpg

They connect to a 7inch LCD screen and control so you can swivel the camera by remote control, pretty cheap too at about $200.

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50M-Fishing-Underwater-Video-Camera-Motorized-0-360-/130586657782?pt=AU_Accessories_Tackle&hash=item1e679243f6

I had one with the lcd and twelve volt battery all made up in a box, the only problem is water clarity and depth, but on the reefs in that clear water they would be awesome. Mine had a quick release clip as well so you could run your line of the back of it and watch lures get hit.

I reckon we should all kick in and solve that big un-stopables question that has been teasing our imaginations for too long ;)

Then again maybe the mystery should remain just that.

What say ye ?

Davey, I can easily imagine that yellow one getting the odd touch up on a reef :woohoo: :lol: You'd have to have a stinger attached :side:

Sorry mate I didn want to put you off the product at all that wasn't my aim I just popped onto the eBay link and had a look at the specifications.

" Effective pixels: 628 X 582 (pal) / 628x512 (NTSC) "

HD would be about 1080 x 720 minimum, So you wod be looking at about half HD quality.

Sorry to have got wits crossed was just purel looking to warn you in case you weren't aware already. For shallow water and sea clear refs in sure you would see heaps and for 200 bucks it's not a bad deal but I'm not sure how it would fair in deeper water around here web the visibility can sometimes be low.

Callum

no worries pancakes, I've already got 2 cameras for underwater a Techyon and a Lumix and I'm having a hard enough time getting used to them I dont know too much on the tech side but I reckon as Angus said in reefs they should be good and at Tuggers Rock. ;)

yeh, you could be right, and with regards to what BJ said about screen size that might help abit too with it only being displayed on a smallish screen, i only brought the specs to your attention because believe me mate im just as keen as anyone to put a camera down there and see what those brutes are, i just didn't want someone to spend the 250$ then not be able to see much!!

if anyone has a few off those old school chimney sweep pipes that fix together they'd be the go,,,, B) oops its never cold enough here to need a wood fire or a chimney sweep doh :lol:

Resolution is ok however would need to be in shallow bright/clear water.

For a couple hundred bucks though you could run a second hand go pro, and they can go down to 60 metres,

Run wire down with a sinker attached, although you may wanna run a light source at that depth

Archived