Last weeks trips

youngy

Hi guys, well with the great weather last week i managed a few trips doing a bit of everything.

Mainly prowling around the Broadwater with lures but also a quick trip one afternoon with bait to see how far upstream the whiting were.

Plenty of different species on lure but not as much consistency as i would like, in one spot one day gone the next but hey that's fishing.

Fish were caught on blades, soft plastics and hard bodied lures.

Highlight of the week was taking our checkout operator out on Wednesday and catching some good fish, her first Jew was a ripper on 6lb braid.

Some reasonable whiting up past Bundal Road Bridge in the Nerang just have to get through all the Bream, ended up with 13 whiting out of 50 odd fish.

weather not that flash this week, will just have to make the most of it, cheers wayne PS sorry guys photos coming shortly, once i smash this computer

Hi Scope, jewies were just under 70cm and 1 a bit over 50 cm, change of tide and they were sitting under a school of mullet we found.

I think they were getting ready for lunch, same old story, find the bait find the fish.

Yes Pancakes, Kirsten is one of my better looking deckies, cheers wayne

I thought it was me Angus, but your right it probably is the rod it doesn't miss much.

Just wack a small soft plastic on a 1/8th jig head and deadstick it out the back of the boat, those Snapper are all over it like a rash, cheers wayne

Hi Wes, mentioning Tarpon will ALWAYS get my attention, love them.

I thought it was a bit cold for them yet, they are in the deep water in the Seaway but i don't target them there.

Love to know how you go, will give me some encouragement, cheers wayne

Archived