Broadwater Tailor

youngy

Hi guys, seems to be a bit of interest in Tailor fishing lately, so here is an option for you.

Tailor fishing in the surf can be a bit boring and hard work at times, although the chance of catching that monster greenback is an attraction i will admit.

Trolling the Broadwater at this time of year with shallow diving minnow style hard bodied lures is a good way of finding fish.

We found 21 of them yesterday afternoon between 40 and 55cm, good fun on light braid, kept a couple for a feed let the rest go.

Don't let the terrible weather put you off the worse the weather the more plentiful the tailor will be, cheers wayne

post-7760-144598816961_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598816969_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598816973_thumb.jpg

Nice fish there youngy, seems every time I donut you put up a report two days later with bulk fish in the same general area I was, if it wasn't for your posts I would probably have hung up my rods by now :( thanks for showing us mortals how it's done once again!

Thanks guys, Max don't give up mate every trip is all part of a learning curve and the end satisfaction makes it all worthwhile, when i started lure fishing i thought all they were good for was Christmas tree decorations now apart from my whiting fishing it's all i use.

Bri, there should be some good Jew in the Seaway after this rain and one of the smaller Tailor would be a cracker livie.

Elicat if you think i looked wet yesterday you should have seen me today, another quick trip the rain was heavier and the fish were thicker, took a young fella out to catch a couple, ended up with 11, cheers wayne

post-7760-144598816995_thumb.jpg

No Salmon yet Fishingnut, they were here on the 20th May last year but then the Tailor are a bit late this year as well.

Last i heard the Salmon turned up on the Beaches around Byron Bay in the last few days.

Wheather they get this far who knows, cheers wayne

Tailor are a ton of fun where ever you catch them and if the goldy is too far Moreton Bay has a few most of the year round as well. Average size is smaller than what youngy has there but you will get them at times around that size.

They are starting to get their winter weight on them now with the thickness around the shoulders growing by the day. Youngy that would have been a ball for you getting into them like that regardless of the liquid sunshine :lol:

Archived