Commercial fishing organisation to take students?

dpayn15

Hi all,

Early in Term 3 of this school year I am looking to take a class of students (about 20 students) on an excursion to a commercial fishing organisation as part of their studies for Marine and Aquatic Practices. At school they will study various commercial fishing practices (as well as the environmental impact of commercial fishing). They must also do an assignment which tracks the pathway of fish from our oceans and waterways to the pan. They will hopefully go on an excursion to see what happens to the fish after it comes off a trawler or some other commercial fishing vessel(at least that's the plan). The difficulty is finding a suitable place to take them that will allow students into their establishment during working (school) hours. Does anyone know of any businesses which may fit this description? Better yet, does anyone have any friends or associates in the industry who may be willing to assist?

AFO member moses_nguyen runs a commercial operation at the port, but he only works outside of school hours.

haha, Moses was the first thing i thought of.

How is moses these days

Haha he still hasnt changed. I saw him at port on monday night. Same 2 hours after high tide change. Saw his cross railway and go other side.

Called security When we got back to ramp. Waited for while for them to come but they didnt. Its not only him theres a lot of WBB there now rapping the place.

He doesnt learn. A mate of mine told me he saw the police take him away few weeks back as he was caught crossing railway.

He keeps coming back though

I would have thought hed moved up to The spit with the rest of WBB but no.

A few of my Viet mates who do the right thing want to sort Moses out because hes giving them a bad name. He goes into same tackle shop as them and boast about what he catches.

Shane

haha, thats funny, Well if he's that stupid, eventually he will get done and done hard.

I Shane69 I know what you mean by someone like this giving you Viets a bad name, and fishing is not the only thing doing it to you guys, but just keep doing what you do, get your mates to do what you do and it will grow, and you will find that people will forget the bad name that a few stupid people have coursed you guys to get.

Archived