2006 Whittley 6.1 meter Sea Ledgend thoughts

BassTracker

Hey guys,

This boat has come up at the right price (I think) Wouldnt mind hearing peoples thoughts on it and what you think its worth before we go any further. (Ive put a tentative offer on it and waiting to hear back.

Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Its an 06 whittley 6.1 sea ledgend with a 140 merc 2 stroke ( i thought this might be underpowered but it does over 70 klms with that motor) 116 hours on boat and motor.

Electric anchor winch

Redco sportsman roller trailer 06

Navman GPS

Navman Sounder

Full stereo marine radio

Fish tank / kill tank 160 liter fuel stainless

Plus quite a few other bits and bobs.

Thanks fellas.

Brad

post-1835-144598824044_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598824057_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598824067_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598824076_thumb.jpg

I have the 650 sea legend and love it. It will Handel some pretty ordinary conditions. I think the 140 will be ok a 175 would be ideal. There is most likley a review on boat point that would be worth a read. Would be a exerlent buy sub 40s I think

Love my whittley beautiful ride but you get really paranoid over scratching the Gel Cote, Azza on the site has a Sea Legend would be worth speaking to him mine is a cruiser that I'm gradually turning into a fishing boat, cant fault mine and its got a 140 suzuki and it gets along okay

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback, ive just read a bunch of reviews on them and they are rated really well by owners, a few people have said that they are a bit overpriced from new, but I think we might be able to get this pretty well priced, the negotiations continue... Im a couple of grand away from it not happening at the moment so fingers crossed!

Nice. A couple of things though:

The fishfinder is a furuno. :woohoo: Great Success!

A largeish carbied 2 stroke on a heavyish, glass boat is going to be pretty heavy on the juice and hip pocket. 160L tank might sound like a lot but it won't be enough for longer trips. e.g. Lady Musgrave or any of the outer reefs of 1770 or The Hards of the Sunshine Coast.

With the 2 stroke its good buying at $30k.

Nice boat brad. Yeah fuel tank is on the small size and motor is probably a little smallish but not so mch it would turn u away.Make sure u know what revs it's doing at a good cruising speed that will help with making your mind up about fuel/motor issue.

With fuel at this current price it's about $250 to fill her up, hope fuel stays at this price for a while. That's a lot of fish to subsidies the trip u need to catch :).

As a bit of a comparison my 650 with a 220 hp injected mercruiser gets about 1.35 k per liter with a cruise speed about 45 kph when it a bit sloppy I use the tabs to put the bow down a touch and it slices though the slop sweetly. I have never felt a hint of broaching in a following sea.

if your gonna spend the money.. get something decent ;)

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Skeeter-SX170-Bass-boat-Immaculate-condition-/130724343481?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item1e6fc72eb9

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

you cant take that offshore nor in the bay on a rough day. no protection from the elements either

As a bit of a comparison my 650 with a 220 hp injected mercruiser gets about 1.35 k per liter with a cruise speed about 45 kph when it a bit sloppy I use the tabs to put the bow down a touch and it slices though the slop sweetly. I have never felt a hint of broaching in a following sea.

Nice boat brad. Yeah fuel tank is on the small size and motor is probably a little smallish but not so mch it would turn u away.Make sure u know what revs it's doing at a good cruising speed that will help with making your mind up about fuel/motor issue.

With fuel at this current price it's about $250 to fill her up, hope fuel stays at this price for a while. That's a lot of fish to subsidies the trip u need to catch :).

Yeah all things im thinking about, im glad he's taking his sweet time, gives me some time to think these things through. Looking forward to giving it a run and working it all out.

Good question Azza, the guy is desperate to sell the boat and cant find the time to fit it in, It was organised for sunday then something came up for him. Still trying to organise it. Not sure how many people have approached him with cash in their hand and offered a good price, not many i wouldnt think since its been for sale a while.

Looking at other boats around the same money as well now, dont like being mucked around haha.. But if we can get it on the water and inspected we'd love to buy it.

Including this 6.3 cruise rite with 175 evinrude etech with 10 thats right 10!! hours on it.. haha Boat and motor have got a total of 10 hours and its been undercover the rest of the time, owned by an elderly couple who had it coustom built then realised it was too big for them to trailer, launch and retrieve.

post-1835-144598827712_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598827719_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598827725_thumb.jpg

Thats a nice boat Brad.

Are you mainly after glass boat?

Theres a few good plate boats on gumtree atm. My mates looking at buying a 6 meter plate boat too. We going to have at a few this weekend. Theres a nice polycraft halfcab up there that hes keen on.

Most of them are around 25- 40 grand mark.

/>http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gold-coast-region/boats-jet-skis/pacific-offshore-6-4m/1004573424

We might even go look at that one.

Shane

Well after lots of checking this boat out and a fair bit of negotiating with the owner Ive bought the whittley, it gets delivered next sunday. I was also able to negotiate a new sounder as the one in it was faulty, a full service boat and motor have 86 hours. A full proffesional detaial, zips resown on front clears 12 months rego on boat and trailer and a roady on the trailer. Look forward to offering some deckie spots ;)

Archived