I pilot link. Who is going to get one?

rayke1938

wow that looks great. The estimated US prices are on the models tab of the link you provided. It looks like you need to replace the head and remote similar to upgrading from standard motor to ipilot because the replacement remote says it is only compatible with ipilot link units. I am hoping they do make it compatible with other brand cards.

I did see somewhere a different brand, possibly watersnake had a very expensive depth following motor. I do not think it was linked to maps but.

Yes seen this yesterday after I went out on Wednesday and got GEN 2 HDS7, HDS8 and structure scan 2.

I love gadgets. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Damn I hope they bring it out for other GPS/sounder manufacturers.

Bad news mate. It will only ever be for humminbird and minn Kota units as they are from the same company (Johnson outdoors). These two brands continue to shape the fishing industry. Awesome stuff

Im hoping it brings the price of the i-pilots down but i am pretty addicted to the steering speed of a cable steer.. although on windy days would love the i-pilot so i can just hit a switch and not worry.

hey Muzz, do you mind if i ask why you went lowrance? i've been researching sounders and in my looking around the top-tier humminbirds come with structure scan included whereas lowrance you have to buy the sounder as well as a separate lowrance structure scan module/transducer as well?

Im hoping it brings the price of the i-pilots down but i am pretty addicted to the steering speed of a cable steer.. although on windy days would love the i-pilot so i can just hit a switch and not worry.

hey Muzz, do you mind if i ask why you went lowrance? i've been researching sounders and in my looking around the top-tier humminbirds come with structure scan included whereas lowrance you have to buy the sounder as well as a separate lowrance structure scan module/transducer as well?

On my last boat I had a HDS 8 plus Structure Scan, Dunno, just like them know how they work. One of the biggest selling points for me is the nmea2k network that Lowrance offers i.e, sonic hub, fuel flow, engine interface. Having the ability to flick engine/fuel consumption info up is great on the fly.

Until I had seen the new iPilot I had not even looked into a Humminbird.

I guess it could be a bit of ford v holden???

Archived