Granite Belt Cod, who wants to catch one?

tomca

I have booked myself "Cod Cabin" on the NSW Severn River from the 3-6 August and a couple of guys who were keen have had to pull out due to various circumstances.

I am going with another keen angler from AFO, but thought I would throw it up here and see if one or two other guys are keen and can find the time to come along.

The plan is to share the cost on an equal split and I will be bringing enough food and doing the cooking. You need to be a half decent human being (so that filters out moderators :P ), fishing rod, linen and capable of walking the river banks.

There are some stretches of the river to yak, but mostly it is tackled landbased as it is narrow enough to cast across to the other side. Gear can be fairly light as it is boulder country and the fish can be played better than the usual cod country from my previous trips. I will be taking my 8wt fly outfit and plan to tick cod off that list.

The cabin is $400 for the duration, and about 700km round trip, so I think a budget of $200 per person is very achievable. The system is overstocked, so there are numbers to be caught. Bigger fish a bit harder to find, but plenty of 40-70cm fish to go through to find them.

This is the sort of terrain between water holes

post-1039-14459882975_thumb.jpg

And the target species

post-1039-144598829763_thumb.jpg

Taking the rotisserie, but without Keen-as-fisho coming to knock the koala's out of the trees with his wayward casts, dunno what we will be cooking up for dinner once we are sick of eating cod.
Clearly haven't seen me cast. And if pants comes he is even worse

I'm looking forward to this one mate, should be a fantastic trip. Hmm....this reminds me, I need to stock up on some more lures lol!

no you don't Ryan. I have this covered :whistle:

Got plenty of spinnerbaits and there is plenty of field testing to be done of some site sponsors new lures

I'm looking forward to this one mate, should be a fantastic trip. Hmm....this reminds me, I need to stock up on some more lures lol!

and I have reported this response to the moderators. There is no place for sensible replies in my threads :pinch:

Light tackle...

Tom, Lee (pcsolutionman) and I got blown away fishing 20lbs gear reasonably hard...

Yes its boulder country and not timber country, so generally speaking you can get away with lighter. That said, if I wasn't fishing 30 or 40lbs leader I would have missed a couple of the smaller 50cm models I caught, let alone the big ones we lost...

I'd be super keen, but would only be available the weekend, (or post-work on the Friday). So will have to miss this one. Definitely keen for summer time though.

Don't worry about the kayak, leave it at home. It will be more of a pain than anything else.

I'll find out for sure, but I contacted them by their mobile number. So I am thinking so.

Brian. It's up on top of the mountain range, so could still technically be " up"

Give yourself an uppercut and keep out of Ted's business :evil:

I'll find out for sure, but I contacted them by their mobile number. So I am thinking so.

Brian. It's up on top of the mountain range, so could still technically be " up"

Give yourself an uppercut and keep out of Ted's business :evil:

Cheers mate - If I can even get patchy service I am in.

Brian I have always said up for going up the mountain. When On the Atherton Tablelands we would always say going down to Cairns although on your scale it would be up to cairns.

I can't account for your past mistakes Ted.

Up to Darwin

Down to Canberra.

Out to St George.

Up to the Sunny Coast

Down to the Goldy.

You're living in Brisbane not FNQ. These are the rules :P

Yes, I see. Sorry mate. My bad. Inserted by MOD where is the world coming to

I will REPEAT WHERE IS THE LINK ellicat

hard body lures are covered guys, here are a couple of proven ones I will be bring'n

post-2146-144598831009_thumb.jpg

,, plus there will be some new designs to try out as well

Archived