Fishing Almanac - Rest of 2012

heapssickay

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, looks the goods. Is this based around a personal diary of yours from past experiences? I have always been interested in this sort of thing, however my diary looks remarkably depleted, due to work trips seeming to fall at the same time during tide/moon phases lol.

Cheers,

Ryan.

All the data is from an iPhone app called Fishing Times Pro ... haha

The only reason I drew it up as a calendar was just so I could literally see the data as one 'big picture' rather than just search one day at a time (which is what the app does).

So I can't take all the credit for it.. I wish I was smart enough to have calculated it all myself... But yeah I do believe they base it off moon phases/tides etc. There's speculation as to how accurate Almanac's are since not all fish species share the same feeding habits, though it's been fairly accurate through my own experience.

I also recommend this site, Fishing Reminder

as it tells you what the major and minor bite times are for a particular day.

• 1 month later...
should be a decent weekend for fishing according to the almanac. get amongst it!

not acording too my almaniac. :silly: wednesday be the day,3 days before the spring equinox.hopefully its fishable weather.

just wondering how did you create your own almanac,what did you base it on the weekends the wife is busy :lol::lol: just kidding! or the moon phases or somthing else cheers

should be a decent weekend for fishing according to the almanac. get amongst it!

not acording too my almaniac. :silly: wednesday be the day,3 days before the spring equinox.hopefully its fishable weather.

just wondering how did you create your own almanac,what did you base it on the weekends the wife is busy :lol::lol: just kidding! or the moon phases or somthing else cheers

Hahaha :lol:

Oh yeah? which almanac do you have? I got all the data off this iPhone app called fishtimes pro. So far it has been fairly accurate (just in my own experience).

I'm aware there are many different almanacs, but I think the one I based mine off goes by moon phases (tends to be decent fishing around full moon and new moon).

Archived