New PB Flathead and 14 of his mates - SPs in the Pine

Rocket75

Had a red hot session on the flatties this arvo.

First session in the yak for 2 months after the birth of our 2nd daughter and it was worth the wait.

All fish took a 3" ZMan MinnowZ on a 1/4 TT Jighead.

Two biggest went 68 and 69cm and there were a lot of 50cm fish in there too.

Finding them took some doing, but once I did they were thick and hungry.

Best SP session ever, gotta love flatties :)

post-953-144598831207_thumb.jpg

post-953-144598831219_thumb.jpg

post-953-144598831228_thumb.jpg

gotto love those zmans :cheer: bought two packs last week in chartruse and bloodback/redback? (somthing like that) and smashed the flatties 55-70cm 4 fish for the session and a couple of throw backs small bream catties ect. will be getting some more chartruse and pink for the weekend . nice haul by the way. ezy

Hi Rocket

I went up there for a quick flick on Saturday afternoon and got 3 on plastics pretty quick. I didn't get them at that little island you mention, but in the same area. I actually got one trolling a 3" Zman Minnow! Had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised. There are some deep holes to find if you have a sounder on board that were holding fish.

Also the Zman grubs in the 4" have been going well on flatty's according to the papers. Same deal with them though, need some superglue. Must just have something to do with the plastic compound.

Cheers mate

Andrew

Congrats on your 2nd daughter and that's a cracking session to get you back onto the water. It's good to read your reports again too. I've just started getting into the Zmans and I have to say, if your aren't bitten off it's gonna save a packet in SP purchases... and they catch fish.

Cheers.

Miranda (my eldest) just said that the reason you caught all those fish is because your name is Rod, so of course if you are named after fishing then that is the reason why! When I mentioned that your nickname is Rocket, she took that as further proof of your fish-catching abilities lol!!!! Gotta love kids!!!!

the birth of our 2nd daughter

pics or it didn't happen! awesome sesh Rod. thanks for sharing :)

OK then, here's one of her in the livey tank not long after capture

[attachment=53513]00715.JPG[/attachment]

Congrats Rod, Hope mum & bub are well :woohoo:

On a side note, That model is no good for live bait,too noisey and the upkeep can break ya. Shoulda thrown it back ;)

Good sesh for a first for awhile, You havent lost ya touch. 15 even Glenda couldn't beat that :whistle:

the birth of our 2nd daughter

pics or it didn't happen! awesome sesh Rod. thanks for sharing :)

OK then, here's one of her in the "live well" not long after capture

[attachment=53513]00715.JPG[/attachment]

Hang on isn't the rule - If its not on the plate it didn't happen.

Then again there's the other rule - you catch it you clean it.

Archived