2nd AFO Wanderers social Blakesleys aug31 to sep2nd

tugger

i'll be leaving from Viccy point, ASAP after work friday.

hopefully get there earlier than last time. let me know what time you'll get there Kelvin, i might be able to help you out with taking some gear across

He's assuming I will be able to find the boat keys!!

hope you don't lose them tomorrow then! it's a long swim back from the bedrooms to horizon shores!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'll be leaving from Viccy point, ASAP after work friday.

hopefully get there earlier than last time. let me know what time you'll get there Kelvin, i might be able to help you out with taking some gear across

He's assuming I will be able to find the boat keys!!

hope you don't lose them tomorrow then! it's a long swim back from the bedrooms to horizon shores!

That's why I've joined the VMR!

Noticed a few guys will be leaving from Rudy Marrs. Is Viccy point not safe? Or is Rudys closer to home for you guys? Just wondering as I was going to launch from Viccy point but dont want to leave car there if not safe.

10 minutes down the road for me. :)

I'll also be bring a twin hull 3 meter tender to get to and from the boats.

Noticed a few guys will be leaving from Rudy Marrs. Is Viccy point not safe? Or is Rudys closer to home for you guys? Just wondering as I was going to launch from Viccy point but dont want to leave car there if not safe.

further than vicky....

rudy is a safe marina for overnight stays. i launched from vicy point last time, what a terrible ramp, very shallow and very open to the elaments

Last time we left the car and trailer at Viccy Point for 2 nights and it looks like someone tried to pinch the trailer.

If I had not of parked the trailer in a way to inconvenience any thief,I have no doubt it would have been stolen.

Our cars were all fine,just the trailer had been tampered with.

Redland bay ramp is the next closest to viccy point and has a police station just up the road and does regular patrols beacause it has a vehicle ferry terminal there which peolpe leave cars for extended periods while they live on the islands and work through the week on the mainland. No public ramp is 100% safe if doing overnighters and for peace of mind alot of the guys are going from rudy mars which have security which you pay for

I've got this in my calender to check to see if the moons align for me closer to the day. I'm not sure how work will feel with me taking all this time off around that month but I've gotta make it to one of these camping socials.

I keep bloody missing out and it'll be a good chance to catch up with a few of you blokes that I haven't seen in a while.

I hope you make it Henry the last one was a blast the weather shut the fishing down but it made it better for the social side, you will probably meet a few new blokes as well as catch up with us regulars

I've got this in my calender to check to see if the moons align for me closer to the day. I'm not sure how work will feel with me taking all this time off around that month but I've gotta make it to one of these camping socials.

I keep bloody missing out and it'll be a good chance to catch up with a few of you blokes that I haven't seen in a while.

I regulary use rudy maars it is a nice ramp to launch at never got a line up i take all the time in the world to fluff around like an old man would (hey rob :P ) wash the boat etc. on the most terable of days the ramp is protected out of the wind ,and the trip to bleakleys i use the protection of straddie and run up the inside on a flat river dropping the crab pots off along the way to bleakleys,every one that went to the last wanders bleakleys camp out knows how gusty and choppy the the bay was (terrible conditions for some) yet my self and 2 other boats had an almost glass river to travel home on.

this is the conditions at the ramp in a 30kt wind cant get better than that i reckon.

post-5342-144598842708_thumb.jpg

we had no problem with the car or trailer at vic point ramp,but they are both old. the waves and wind did give us curry at the ramp,had a hard time keeping the boat off the pontoon and getting it on the trailer .its a short trip across but it was slow as the waves and wind was high and wet for the trip .

i didn't have a problem with viccy point either, just back the trailer into a spot so no one can take it. it can be interesting getting the boat back on the trailer by yourself if the tide and wind are running, but i managed with a rope on the back to control from trying to get side on to the trailer.

I'm not that good at catering but there will be around 30 people so far coming also remember we will be doing about 10 chooks again

no dout ash and i are in.

what does everyone recon of doing spit roast boned lamb shoulders and legs for this one. i have got alot of lamb in the freezor.

how much lamb does everyone want me to bring

I'm not that good at catering but there will be around 30 people so far coming also remember we will be doing about 10 chooks again

what does everyone recon of doing spit roast boned lamb shoulders and legs for this one. i have got alot of lamb in the freezor.

3 roasts then

Just one small one for me thanks Kurt, I'm on a diet ................. I'll be bringing a chook.

hey kurt what do you mean by 3 roasts,does it mean we need 3 camp ovens? how big,..is it a shoulder with a shank? we cant expect you to souly supply roast for every one thats unfair i speak for every one when i say we will pitch in! I know the roasts i get are about 30 bucks each.

we need to know how many camp ovens

hhmmm 30 people huh,iam still working on a kick ass simple very cheap desert, so far the best invention test done in the back yard :lol: lol is small apples cored stuffed with mixed fruit sugar and cinnimon and wrap in alfoil and done like the patatoes on the coals.A bag of small apples is $4 and get 15 apples its the cheapest i can come up with,to have with a self suacing pudding done in the camp ovens $3 for a white wings packet pudding.not everyone eats desert cause most are on the piss so itll be bag apples and 1 pudding taking up 1 camp oven.

hey kurt what do you mean by 3 roasts,does it mean we need 3 camp ovens? how big,..is it a shoulder with a shank? we cant expect you to souly supply roast for every one thats unfair i speak for every one when i say we will pitch in! I know the roasts i get are about 30 bucks each.

hhmmm 30 people huh,iam still working on a kick ass simple very cheap desert, so far the best invention test done in the back yard :lol: lol is small apples cored stuffed with mixed fruit sugar and cinnimon and wrap in alfoil and done like the patatoes on the coals.A bag of small apples is $4 and get 15 apples its the cheapest i can come up with,to have with a self suacing pudding done in the camp ovens $3 for a white wings packet pudding.not everyone eats desert cause most are on the piss so itll be bag apples and 1 pudding taking up 1 camp oven.

mate, i get meat next to nothing.... and yeh, 3 shoulders, so 3 camp ovens will be good

i can drop it down to 2...

This feed sounds like it will be worth coming for the w'end just for it! I cant wait! :woohoo:

I'll bring a chook too but will put cash/beer! towards anything else to help out as no individual should go out of pocket. My on call roster is covered at work and the missus says she is in as long as we put the dogs in a kennel for the weekend. Tinny is ready to go as long as it doesnt blow like last time things are looking sh#t hot! Fish or no fish this weekend should be a blast, See ya there! ;)B)

You can have dogs over there

This feed sounds like it will be worth coming for the w'end just for it! I cant wait! :woohoo:

I'll bring a chook too but will put cash/beer! towards anything else to help out as no individual should go out of pocket. My on call roster is covered at work and the missus says she is in as long as we put the dogs in a kennel for the weekend. Tinny is ready to go as long as it doesnt blow like last time things are looking sh#t hot! Fish or no fish this weekend should be a blast, See ya there! ;)B)

mako and domino will be over again

post-8878-144598845081_thumb.jpg

Mick that awesome, that sounds like an awesome bush dessert mate, and Im happy to donate some lamb to the cause to so we dont deminish the butchers shop (AKA kurts freezer) although there are a few things in that freezer I wouldnt eat hahahaha

mako and domino will be over again

I Dont think Thumper and your pair will mix too well plus some people get a little edgy (sh#t themselves) when there is an American pitbull running around off lead. Lol :lol:

My step daughter has offered to look after him but wont look after both dogs so I might bring the mini foxie to save a good $100 kennel fee. Being a pup and only small your dogs should get on fine with him as long as no one else has any probs with dogs being there.

[attachment=54718]522171_10150728594951021_1413761037_n.jpg[/attachment]

how the wind forecast look ?

i won't be there friday ,got a nephew's 21's friday night and working friday .

boss has booked me to work Saturday at the rosewood festival ,going to try and get out of it so i can do a over nighter .

i think scott and m8's and clint have forgotten about this as there has been no talk about it .i forgot when it was happening too ,sneaks up so fast .

ok don't have to work Saturday :) see u guy Saturday morning :):):)

Sorry I wont be at this guys.

I know you will have a lot of fun though!

I have received a large order and will be delivering personally. Still in that building phase where it pays to go out of your way to be helpful. Have fun and lets keep them happening!

Angus

Sorry guys. I won't be able to make this either.

I've got a coaching session on Saturday and, considering they are paying me and it is only the 2nd session, I can't cancel it. Once the class is a bit more established, I'll be able to turn things over to the gym's owner once in awhile and have him supervise drills and such when I want to take off on a Saturday.

Cheers,

Gary

Archived