FYI Hutchison Ports

Gary_C

Just a heads up, Hutchison Ports is starting to hire for the terminal here in Brisbane in case anybody is looking. I already threw my CV at them to see if it sticks on anything.

Some of the positions they are filling:

IT Support

HR Manager, particular focus on manpower allocation, rostering, payroll, admin

Shift Managers

Yard Managers

Team Leaders

Quay Crane Drivers

Shuttle Straddle Drivers

Ship Radio Clerks/Yard Radio Clerks

Lasher

Forklift Drivers

Purchasing Officer & Store man

Electricians

Mechanics

Electrical/Mechanical Support Managers

Cheers,

Gary

What is a Lasher?

This is how DP World describes a Lasher's duties:

Key accountabilities will include:- To lash / unlash Containers on board vessel under the supervision of the foreman in a safe and efficient manner.

- Lashing Material arrangements in particular place as advised by foreman for next utilization or transportation to empty yard.

- To attend under deck operation to put dowel on the top of container to speed up back loading time.

- To accurately provide signal under the gantry crane for Tractor Parking Position to ground containers to avoid accidents or disruptions.

- To arrange all Materials for loading/discharging heavy lift bulk cargo handling under the crane to assist in the smooth handling of port operations.

In short, make sure things are secured correctly so they won't fall off the vessel and make sure it goes quickly so vessel stays on schedule.

What is a Lasher?

This is how DP World describes a Lasher's duties:

Key accountabilities will include:- To lash / unlash Containers on board vessel under the supervision of the foreman in a safe and efficient manner.

- Lashing Material arrangements in particular place as advised by foreman for next utilization or transportation to empty yard.

- To attend under deck operation to put dowel on the top of container to speed up back loading time.

- To accurately provide signal under the gantry crane for Tractor Parking Position to ground containers to avoid accidents or disruptions.

- To arrange all Materials for loading/discharging heavy lift bulk cargo handling under the crane to assist in the smooth handling of port operations.

In short, make sure things are secured correctly so they won't fall off the vessel and make sure it goes quickly so vessel stays on schedule.

Bugger, here I was thinking that, I and my stock whip would be in with a good chance for any increase in productivity bonuses, if I had applied :( oh well at least I still have my Thursday nights at the local Adult Shop :lol:

Archived