Kookaburra Park Sat 6/10/07

Feral

Well as Feral said , Whats the go with a BBQ?? are we going to have one before or during the fish.

Boats can be beached on the sand or pulled up to the bank.

BBQ there are wood fired so would have to bring wood.

No lighting at night so would have to be before dark. Although I have a genne if someone has a couple of fluros.

Glenda & I will be there about 3. after work.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon afternoon BBQ, about 4 to 4:30. back on the water an hour before dark to get livies and settled in. (6:30 sunset now?) I can bring plenty of wood (got about 4 tonnes in back yard Ray cut up 5 years ago, and never came and got!)

Alex and I will be meeting Ray there. Have to check with him on time, we might fish a bit first, depending on what time he wants to launch (Cant leave here until lunchtime missus has something on).

I can bring the usual snags and bread.

jeff f wrote:

to all, comming to this session i'd suggest you bring some good dead cbait sometimes the liveys can be hard to come by out here lately

Yep

I went and got a couple of mullet and some pillies just in-case today. I think the mullet might be a little big. They are about 35cm or just over a foot, is that to big?, should I fillet them or use them whole?

just been to every fish sweller in ippy trying to buy a few mullet fillets,bloody rockinghorse turds would be easier to find.

the super IGA at redbank plaza has fresh arrow squid for $6 per kilo

and woolworths at booval has fresh green qld banana prawns for $12 if any one wants to stock up on some good bait

Well after some quick discussion Ellicat and myself decided our target species for the night would be catfish,

Yep we cleaned up boating around 4 each,

nothing better than landing what you set out for and I got a dirty giant pike eel.

:)

Thanks to Feral for the bbq gear and to Ellicat for the entertainment and a good night out.

Archived