Daiwa Sokkou Knot Tool

Hi

Saw an add for this at Tackle Warehouse and was thinking about getting one for Dad. He struggles a lot now with the finer motor skills required to tie light weight leader onto light weight braid. So, this might help him out a lot.

Are they any good? At $25 you would think they would be big sellers if they worked. I might even get one for cold mornings in the yak when the fingers are wet and not working properly.

Thanks

Andrew

yeah i'm getting into that age bracket i might have to get one

oh hang on i don't use that silly braid stuff

i can't believe the older generation using that silly string :evil:

i know why it they get sick of catching good fish and want to slow up so they use braid B)

I bought a knot tyer and still use it a times, it makes a great blood or nail knot, bought mine at the Fly fishing store in Moololabah, yes the eyes and hands dont function as well and they are a great help when starting out and new to knots, most of the time now I can manage a good knot without it but i still carry it every time out

Thanks to all those who responded with their thoughts.

I purchase one for Dad on Saturday and thought I would try myself. They are easy to use, but I really don't like the profile of the knot compared to something like a slim beauty. Maybe if I practiced a bit more it would be better. Anyway, the knot seems pretty strong so that is important.

So, unless you really need one, don't bother.

Cheers, Andrew

I have gone off using any braid under 20lb because I have problems tieing knots because of eyesight and difficulties in wind.

Really enjoying using 6 & 8 lb mono for bait fishing but the mono is not a great success trolling as you cannot see the lure action reflected on the tip of your rod.

I have bitten the bullet and splurged on one of these.

[ebay]270854262047[/ebay].

If it doesnt work I can give it to missus for birthday present and say I have brought a pair of toenail clippers.

The groovy bit should be good for scr aping out cow manure :S

Cheers

Scrooge

Ray

Archived