Glenlyon Dam trip

Feral

Well just about got it planned, going to do a short trip out to Glenlyon Dam during the September school holidays (probably 3 nights from the 24/9).

It will be good to have a bit of a fish at a new place, but it is really a shake down trip for my boys, to see if they can survive a long trip to and from the fishing spot, a few days doing nothing but fishing, before the big BRC Awoonga trip in November.

Going will be be Rayke1938, myself and my 2 sons. Ray says another of his mates might come along, he has been wanting to fish Glenlyon for ages. Lake was down to around 25% when I was there a month or so back, but still plenty of fishable water!

With a bit of luck I might get my first Murray River Cod.

Gday mate.

My uncle was there only one month ago as well.

Using shrimp and yabbies on handlines they cleaned up on yellowbelly and a few eel tail catties.

Had them for lunch and dinner each night on the camp bbq.

Hope you have similar luck!

Angus

fillet them and remove the fat ( easier to see if chilled ) and they are top class eating reguardless of the size. I also dont bother with the belly flap meat as its covered with fat and is only thin anyhow.

Hope we get a 10 pounder and I will show feral how good it is.

I have booked cabin from 27 Sept till 3rd oct. will be with mate 27 - 30th and feral 30-3. visitors welcome. We will be using my boat- 4m fibreglass fisherman centre console with 30 yamahma 2 stroke. 2 spare bunk beds avail 27 -30 and spare seat in boat. you would have to sleep on floor 30 - 3 and no spaer boat seat then

ray.

• 1 month later...

Brian map attached. Glenlyon is in the bottom left corner of map. It is about 60k west of Stanthorpe

With boat on board, I'd reckon about 3 1/2 hours from Brisbane?

I am traveling up on the 30th, but Ray will be there a few days before. Be good to see you there if you can make it. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/glenlyon.jpg

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/09/22 15:03

post-134-14459840099_thumb.jpg

Brian I was talking to Brian Dare at the van park this morning he said there are plenty of shrimp in the dam so we will have plenty of bait. I have about 20 redclaw and a dozen shrimp left over from our trip to Hinze last month. If i am energetic i may also pump some saltwater yabbies on tuesday.That will be enough for our first day and then we will catch our own. We are taking about 8 shrimp traps so we will have plenty.

Brian said the yellowbelly are biteing very well and should continue to do so.

We will have 2 boats between 5 of us . ( 3 adults and 2 children) so we will have a spare seat in a boat if you dont want to tow yours all the way.

My home phone is 32068583 .

Iwill have my mobile turned on while i am at the dam 0403072325 if you want to get the latest while we are there.

Thanks

Ray.

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/09/24 16:43

Archived