Custom boat builders in particular "Adams Marine Mechanical"

tradie

Hey Ted thanks for posting the outcome from your phone call today. I thought considering you had already bought a boat from them they would be pretty straight forward with you. Great to hear they just told you the truth and its what I was hoping to hear that the "business" should be sold on and will continue. Not so good that its due to health reasons. Thats a credit to AMM with the after sales support. I will sometime soon plan a day or weekend trip up to Hervey Bay and go check them out and have a look around never been up that way...

Once again Ted thanks for the feedback mate, was very helpful

I would be very careful with what you choose, Ted's boat is a weapon and i wouldnt think twice about buying one on boat quality and build quaity, value for money they are pretty much the value for money builder around,

With regards to the situation the company is in , i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole! Be careful before laying any deposits

Callum

Weren't you and your mates buying 4 off them?

Hey that boat from moda looks alright, if I was just looking for a fishing boat to keep to the river and bay would probs suit. But the boats from AMM that exact style of boat, is exactly what im looking for. The longer length will really come in handy carrying my pots already set up and having the console in the middle of the boat will give me greater access all round for picking up floats. Plus will be great when friends and family wanna come aboard for a cruise. Just checking out moda's website now...

trust me Shane from moda will make what ever you want, i had a long list and we changed things during the build and there was little or no cost as the work would have been needed to be done a different way.

get a quote from AMM then send Shane an email it will be worth it and getting custom plate boat you will want to check every process of the build any way and are you willing to drive to harvy bay to keep checking.

and if you have any doubt don't lay down any money show them approved finance and get a broker to deal with them the last thing you want it to spend the money and not have the boat.

trust me Shane from moda will make what ever you want, i had a long list and we changed things during the build and there was little or no cost as the work would have been needed to be done a different way.

get a quote from AMM then send Shane an email it will be worth it and getting custom plate boat you will want to check every process of the build any way and are you willing to drive to harvy bay to keep checking.

and if you have any doubt don't lay down any money show them approved finance and get a broker to deal with them the last thing you want it to spend the money and not have the boat.

Thanks mate I certainly will be doing my homework and comparing prices thats for sure. It certainly would be a great advantage to be able to see the boat at each phase of the build to make sure everything is on track, be able to make changes as you said if needed and most of all to take pictures of the build. It really just comes down to being able to build that design I want and for a pricetag where everyone is happy. If AMM come out on top its about a 4 hour drive each way to Hervey Bay and its something I wouldnt mind doing to get the right boat for me. Ted did you follow the build of your boat of did you just discuss what you wanted and picked it up when it was ready???

Thanks mate I certainly will be doing my homework and comparing prices thats for sure. It certainly would be a great advantage to be able to see the boat at each phase of the build to make sure everything is on track, be able to make changes as you said if needed and most of all to take pictures of the build. It really just comes down to being able to build that design I want and for a pricetag where everyone is happy. If AMM come out on top its about a 4 hour drive each way to Hervey Bay and its something I wouldnt mind doing to get the right boat for me. Ted did you follow the build of your boat of did you just discuss what you wanted and picked it up when it was ready???

I had a good look around at the boats in the different build stages and discussed it and then it was built. It only took them a week to get it built before Christmas.

I would be very careful with what you choose, Ted's boat is a weapon and i wouldnt think twice about buying one on boat quality and build quaity, value for money they are pretty much the value for money builder around,

With regards to the situation the company is in , i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole! Be careful before laying any deposits

Callum

Dont know if Id want to be on the builders end of that deal haha.. ;)

If pancakes and mates are buying 4 off them maybe you can jump on board and get a discount

What's the.maximum length a standard car can tow? I thought it was under 8m or something close to that.

All I can find is a Federal government Reg

"The length of a trailer, other than a semi-trailer, must not exceed 12.5 metres"

/>http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb1/vsb_01_b.aspx#21

What's the.maximum length a standard car can tow? I thought it was under 8m or something close to that.

"The length of a trailer, other than a semi-trailer, must not exceed 12.5 metres"

/>http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb1/vsb_01_b.aspx#21

With boats there a different refulations, 28 feet is the maximum you can tow before you need to comply with different rules. i.e. displaying flags, or oversize load signs and even restrictions to traveling at off peak periods depending on the length and width

You also then need to consider the weight of the boat and also be able to tow the damn thing. Seajay has a 7.6 metre pursuit which weighs a few tonne and then it also needed a custom built alloy trailer to reduce the overall weight so it could be towed without needing a small truck, the trailer alone was 20K

Callum

Dont know if Id want to be on the builders end of that deal haha.. ;)

If pancakes and mates are buying 4 off them maybe you can jump on board and get a discount

They are buying off the mob up in Cairns Im pretty sure

With boats there a different refulations, 28 feet is the maximum you can tow before you need to comply with different rules. i.e. displaying flags, or oversize load signs and even restrictions to traveling at off peak periods depending on the length and width

You also then need to consider the weight of the boat and also be able to tow the damn thing. Seajay has a 7.6 metre pursuit which weighs a few tonne and then it also needed a custom built alloy trailer to reduce the overall weight so it could be towed without needing a small truck, the trailer alone was 20K

Need to sus out the full specs of the boat ie length, width as for weight should be right the ranger can pull 3ton. The boats for sale at Adams Marine come with a trailer. Just thought its worth looking into a brand new 7-8m boat on trailer for under $30k

Archived