Fishing opotions Port Villa Vanuatu

muzz

Heading over to Vanuatu, staying on Iririki Is in a couple of months and plan on sneaking away from the missus to throw some lures around and go on a charter one day. :woohoo:

Have any of you blokes been over there? any recommendations for charters in the Port Villa area.

Cheers,

Muzz

just head down to where the charter boats pull in and ask around. there's a bar right on the water there where they all dock, so if you ask the bar tender, owner or any of the deckies cleaning the boats in the arvo they'll sort something out. 95% of the fishing will be trolling for marlin, sailfish, wahoo, dollies and a few different tunas out on the FAD's and shelf.

i went in 2009 and did a full day trolling with 1 other punter on the boat, think it was about $160 australian. can get a bit rough out there esp on the shelf where the currents meet the swell.

you probably won't be able to keep any of the fish you catch as they like to supply their villages with a feed of fresh fish, but they should offer you the option to have a feed cooked up in that bar where they dock if you'd like

Cheers for the reply mate.

Well if your saying that I could get a marlin, wahoo or dolly that would tick three bucket list boxes. I hooked a very large wahoo in between Broome and an island well west and it destroyed 50lb line with a locked drag. Would love to hook another.

Muzz,

Was in Vanuatu this time last year and fished with Sportsfish Vanuatu from Havannah Harbour for a day. The weather was a bit ordinary while I I was there, so only managed one day out. Couldn't fault the setup, Russ went above and beyond to put me on the fish and was more than happy to teach me his rigging techniques etc.. In one day we threw poppers for GT's, trolled for Wahoo and fished a seamount for doggies. Caught a good Wahoo and GT, dropped a sail.

Good setup and a nice bar by the water where they served up the fish afterwards with a few cold ones. It was about $65 Aus, for a return cab to Havannah for the day.

If wanting to stay around Vila, Charles from Crusoe was a nice guy and knew his stuff. Had a few tuskers with him at the waterfront bar one arvo. Yell out if you want any other info on the area.

Cheers,

Steve

I am heading to Vanuatu on Sunday for a week and hopefully a couple of charters , I will let you know how we go . Sportfish are one that's in my sights and apparently some good operators out of the wahoo bar in port villa I will put up a post when we get back .... Matt

• 1 month later...

Archived