mud island 04/08/12

netmaker

hi all. first dunk in the water for my tub for a month :( . took a mate out yesterday arvo and fished plastics till just after dark on the nw for a grinner and 2 tiny snaps. moved to the eastern side at spot x and anchored and switched to yellowtail baits. hour and a half later and old mate is on and brings in a nice 72cm fish. another hour and a half and i'm on too. not to be outdone i landed a 78. picked up and made it a short night. hope the weathers good next weekend ;)

post-11227-144598836901_thumb.jpg

post-11227-144598836907_thumb.jpg

post-11227-144598836911_thumb.jpg

Nice snapper bud...Were u using baitrunners?

no. mate was using a penn spinner and i was using a little abu overhead. i have never found the need to use a bait runner on them as they just smash and grab.

I like the abu overheads too mate, great reels. Good little sesh on the water there man!

Great to see some quality snaps. I haven't worked that place out yet.

Ryan.

i hear that a lot. only had my own boat 4 years now. bought it to go prawning and before june last year i had only been to mud a handful of times. i cracked my first good one(83cm, 6.2kg)5th of june. went back 2 nights later and scored a 79cm fish in the first hour and been hooked ever since. i have boated at least 25 70+ fish there since. best went 88 and 6.7kg. pb came from peel tho and went 91 and 8kg. i average over 700 hours per year on the water and have spent up to 30 hours on a single trip. prawning and crabbing results were pretty poor this year tho...

aaaah. you might've spotted me at my favourite anchoring spot :lol: . been pulling them from all sides drifting the plastics but tend to anchor in the one place when bait fishing. that spot has produced at least 15 of my good snaps in the last year. i am disgustingly patient tho and will sit there all night waiting for the one fish. come say gidday if you see me there. i dont get upset with blokes saying gidday, just those that circumnavigate me twice and then anchor up my nose. that's when i crank the stereo B)

Archived