East of Jacobs Well 12/8/12

ROB-80E

Hi Everyone...this is my first report, so go easy. ;):lol:

Anyways, my partner and I headed out from Jacobs Well at around 1pm. To my surprise the wind wasn't too bad. A little blowy at times, but the chop wasn't as big as i was expecting.

With the SW wind, we headed to shelter on the northern sides of the islands, and well, the fish must have been thinking the same thing. Our target was flathead, and it didn't take too long for me to land my first one. It was about 2mm under the mark of 40cm, and being early, I let it go to grow a bit more.

All afternoon Squidgies soft plastics were used. 100mm bloodworm wriggler had good success, Black and Gold fish, and the Silver Fox fish we also getting some good results. The Silver Fox more so. And, for the first time I used a Flick bait in Evil Minnow...to say the least, I'm impressed with these. 1st and 2nd casts landed me fish! :D One keeper and one just under again. I was pretty selective where using these, mainly near weed or on the edge of banks/shore. But yeah, good results. I think i only had one hit on the flick bait that didn't result in a hookup.

My partner Mia was a slow starter this outing, but ended up shining through with not only the catch of the day, but her all time biggest fish catch. She even beat my flatty PB by 1cm (*cough*bitch*cough) :lol: . Pics below of her beautiful 60cm girl. I have also attached the video of her release to grow some more so I can catch her again and claim a new PB. :evil:

The afternoon was stunning though. By 5pm, the wind had totally gone and we were left with a perfect turn of the tide and a glorious reflections on sunset. I landed another 2 just as the sun was setting.

This trip for us both was one of the more satisfying outings...not just for catching fish, but finishing the day in perfect conditions.

0-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

bab7d811.jpg

2-3.jpg

0ee17cf6.jpg

Click this pic for the release video!

th_b133d4dd.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-6.jpg

6-7.jpg

7-8.jpg

8-9.jpg