burpengary creek ramp

proline420

Yeah, use it all the time.

I've launched my 4.9m boat there no problems. Dead low tide and you run out of ramp, but there is still enough water to float your boat. Main issue is keeping rods etc low for the first k or two as the mangroves meet over the top of the creek. Used to be a couple of trees in the water you had to be careful of, but after the last flood they are gone.

Plenty of water (4 to 6 foot deep at low tide) all the way until you get down near the sewage plant, then it gets pretty shallow, go a little further if you know where the channel is, but not far at low tide. Like get out and walk the kayak shallow at low tide. Apart from the shallow section near the sewage works, there is a gravel bar a bit further down, (about half way along the bottom island (both sides of it). Half tide or higher to get through these spots for sure.

Similarly the mouth of the creek is not navigable to the bay at dead low tide, only a few inches deep.

Watch out for the locals they know the creek well and its not uncommon for them come along on the plane while your gingerly putting along under the mangroves

Yeah, pretty much only fish the creek. Usually on my yak.

Do best from where the creek starts to open out to the last corner before the sewage works. Dont often go beyond that as Im usually riding the tide out and back in. It does look good flattie country down lower, but the couple of time I have been down I didn't get much. Top end Mostly bream and flatties, the odd cod, and even seen a good jack come out of there.

Archived