Brisbane river mouth jew beginner

spoon1337

Well I just bought my first boat a few weeks ago and have been going out every chance I get to try and catch some nice fish but I have been chasing just one legal jew!

The father and I are looking to hit up the brisbane river mouth this weekend at night to chuck down some livies/bait to see whats on offer and hopefully bag a jew or two.

Does anyone have any areas or spots that are worth a try for jew around the mouth or just a general place to look? We have no experience in this area and are aware that this is a shipping channel. Will be launching from fisherman's island.

Also is fishermans island and the surrounds a good are to cast a net and leave some traps out for poddys/herring?

Thanks!

If you can catch up with John Newey on line, he should be able to give you some tips, h2es always braggin about the salmon he catches in the brisbane river, Barge
when i get my bloody forby fixed i can take my boat out its been going on 3 months since i have been fishing i am going mad

Sorry mate wont be going tomorrow night, but hopefully sunday daytime, will be mucking round at the port then shooting to mud. This wind has really kicked up, the airport beacon was up to 18knots so I gave tonight a miss. Hopefully next weekend. Will PM you if I do go out next weekend at night.

Well I just bought my first boat a few weeks ago and have been going out every chance I get to try and catch some nice fish but I have been chasing just one legal jew!

The father and I are looking to hit up the brisbane river mouth this weekend at night to chuck down some livies/bait to see whats on offer and hopefully bag a jew or two.

Does anyone have any areas or spots that are worth a try for jew around the mouth or just a general place to look? We have no experience in this area and are aware that this is a shipping channel. Will be launching from fisherman's island.

Also is fishermans island and the surrounds a good are to cast a net and leave some traps out for poddys/herring?

Thanks!

As far as I see from the info online, jew and tailor was around the Newstead area (at the entrance of the Breakfast Creek) in Nov 2011.

Technically, the jew and tailors would be still towards the gate/entrance at deep and clean waters of Brisbane River.

Few weeks ago in a Friday afternoon I was there, chasing those fishes then I moved towards airport direction at a closer place to the city gate, but there wasn't even a single bite.

With a boat it can be better. Please let us know how you go, and congrats on your new boat, enjoy.

Archived