breaky creek need some help

flathead

does anyone have any tips for catching the fish around the cammerons rocks and breaky creek areas using lures me and pinkey went down yesterday using squidges blood worm color, gulp nuce chicken, stick baits and scorpieon hard bodys with 6 and 4 pound lines and medium wait jigheads

We were down there for about three hours we caught no fish in breaky creek or camerons rocks we found some ausome bream looking spots casting our lures under barnicle eaten pilons and boats and no such luck. Any tips on how to get the fish there would be great or what lures to use

Post edited by: flathead, at: 2007/08/16 17:10

Post edited by: flathead, at: 2007/08/16 17:11

i've fished there with bait, hard bodies and soft plastics and the only thing that i even got a bite on was bait and that was only crabs. the structure is there but there seem to be no fish- maybe they are spooked from the road being so close. troy seems to know how to fish the area. i usually am able to catch something but this area really eludes me. i've targeted bream and flathead on lures, used floating bread bait and even floated whole pillies.

yeah we were actully there for 5 hours, was high and going out, water was realy clear , we saw a school of nice sized bream under the bridge at braeky creek but they wernt interested in what we had to offer. We had no jig heads left so we went to Kmart and got the lightest we could find wich were not very light at all but they had to do, i think they were to heavy for bream but that doesnt give the flattys and excuse hehe :P. On bait there i have got 4 little bream a tiny cod and a 47cm flathead.

hey guys, breakky itself isn't too great. I don't know why but it just doesn't hold that many fish. try the rocks around camerons with uber slow worked sx40s. during last summer we cleaned up there catching 20 or more bream each in half a day.

good luck

haven't fished there yet even though it's within walking distance of my house but After talking to some blokes who reckon they do well there and reading over the forums I'd say a castnet is a must for that spot. There are supposedly prawns to be had off that pontoon on the city side off the park. That's supposed to be the best bait to get into some salmon.

Archived