Shane & Bri, hit the 24's

Bri The Pom

Shane and I hit the boat ramp this morning at 4.15, plenty of parks left. went out the seaway and headed south east for 12ks and finally stopped on the 24's and after working out the current dropped anchor. Got the burley and cubing going, i think i got the first fish not long after, another bloody bonito. Shane was next with a legal snapp hitting 50 cm on the ruler. A few more decent bonito hit the box and a few undersize squire went back. I hooked a decent fish that gave me some stick, too big for a bonnie, so the call was a cobia, and did'nt it go and when it surfaced, a 6 kilo mac tuna, but no cobia.The fish to shut down so we moved to get livies and try for a cobia on the turn off the tide, but no joy. We were back at the ramp for 10 and my wife ,daughter and dog went up to tipplers for a coffee and a chill out. Gave the biggest bonito to a couple of guys fishing all arvo for bait. Here are the pics, did'nt take many.Also had a few whales as company.

Big thanks to Shane, great company, definatly knows his stuff. An enjoyable morning, thanks mate.

Cheers

Bri.

post-662-144598848835_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598848848_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598848857_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the deckie spot mate.

It was a great morning on the water.

The snaps didnt play the game but atleast we presisted and fished hard.

That mac tuna went hard lol. They go harder on bait than lures any day of the week.

Im going to try going to go out the goldcoast a bit more now. Its so much closer than what we go through and you can travel at night to your spot.

Shane

Archived