easy way to replace trailer keel rollers??

coughy

as the topic say im in need of a little bit of trailer work i have got the bits but need a thing called a boat out of the way??

lol the boat is sitting on the trailer

just wonted to know is there a easy way to do this job

or just go down to the water and do my repairs down at the carpark at the ramp???

am i missing some thing here??

sorry for the newby stupid question...

ty in advance...

Lift your transducer and motor up and drop it on the grass.

Tie a rope to your axel and around the tow ball and tow the trailer out from under the boat once the transom is sitting on the grass, Just do it slowly and have someone unwinding the winch.

To put it back on...hook it up and as the load goes on lift the draw bar up in the air as you wind

Depends on the type of boat.

If it's a tinnie, just slide it off the back onto the grass as mentioned above. If it's glass, you can slide it onto a stack of old tyres to support the hull.

Sometimes tyre places will swing you a bunch of old tyres they have lying around.

My boat is a bit heavy so I'll be putting mine in the water and changing the rollers down by the boat ramp in a few weeks. Just make sure you pack all your tools. Even still you can be sure you'll forget at least one thing you need :angry:

Lift your transducer and motor up and drop it on the grass.

Tie a rope to your axel and around the tow ball and tow the trailer out from under the boat once the transom is sitting on the grass, Just do it slowly and have someone unwinding the winch.

To put it back on...hook it up and as the load goes on lift the draw bar up in the air as you wind

Done it like this before but put some old tyres under.. works well.

I see you live near me i always go down the end of thornside to the little ramp in tingalpa creek which is quiet on most days and launch my boat on a incoming tide so i can work on the trailer with out worrying about the boat stranding just take all the tools you think you will need

If you are doing this at the boat ramp, before you get started just check that the roller is actually turning on the axle. Sometimes the axle can get bent or rusty and the roller won't just slip off the axle. You might need to take a hacksaw to get the old axle out of the brackets and a spare axle to replace the one you had to cut.

Archived