yakking the bass,yellas

rowie13

found out a spot to launch in the brissy river for some bass, thought id hav a go early morn on open day, wasnt on the water long an i was onto my first brissy river bass, pumped!!!!!!

i was very happy, finishing this day with 7 river bass, Very Very Happy Fisherman, an was keen 2 get back ASAP!!!

back on tuesday arvo for an arvo sess, started slow but then got into a good fish thought it was my first 50+ bass, got the big girl up after a decent fight up come a BIG YELLA!!!!! boy was i pumped an excited now, the big girl went 57cm, a few more trolls up an down the river an a 44cm yella popped up, nxt troll got smoked by now a 50+ bass, was spewin bout this but thats fishing!!!!!!

thought 2 myself load up the lure box an go again, this time taking a young fella thats been nagging 2 go fishing, on the water 5minutes an had a bass in the yak, an not long after another bass in the yak, then went quiet from now on i said it will be tough 2 the young fella(Liam) we saw some boats were trolling an casting, on the way up i said well troll some lures an see hw we go, an the nxt moment after this Liam was onto a nice yella, after moving up from victoria he was onto his first fish in QLD an wat a fish 2 be yur first a 48cm yellabelly he was stocked with it.

ALL BASS WERE RELEASED ALONG WITH THE 57CM YELLABELLY AN 48CM YELLABELLY AS I THINK THEY WERE BIG BREEDING FEMALES AN WERE JUST BIG FAT RIVER YELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

post-11302-144598852368_thumb.jpg

57cm yellabelly PB

post-11302-144598852376_thumb.jpg

first ever brissy river bass 40cm

post-11302-144598852394_thumb.jpg

44cm yella went nice on the Plate!!!! best yella ive had Yet!!!!

post-11302-144598852381_thumb.jpg

Liam with his first QLD Yella!!!!

post-11302-144598852388_thumb.jpg

39cm Bass

TOP 3 SESSIONS ON THE RIVER

just after the big bass now an ill be a very happy fisherman

That's a good little session there rowie :) remember the yellowbelly are an introduced species to the brissy, so even though they are native if you want to take your bag for a feed don't be concerned whether it is a big breeder or not. Bass are native to the river and need all the help they can get so taking a couple of yellas for a feed is probably a good thing for them.

thanks mate, yeah i kno,but it is good 2 hav yellas in the river, but them 2 big ones are fatty an i dnt really wanna be pulling half the fillet off, an let them go for another angler 2 catch an experience the big girls, nxt time even tho they are big girls they might hav 2 go on the plate as i hav a few ppl wanting yellabelly 2 eat hahaha, an i had no where 2 put them on my yak

Archived