weather conditions???

coughy

hi lads um im new as you might be wear of um my question

what is the highest wind ie(15 knots) on the water to take out my little putt putt (which is in my avatar hehehehe)

and be safe so that my 11 yo and 8 yo wont get sick from the rocking and rolling ...

because im looking at

/>http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp and the wind is looking good for sunday morning at 8.30am at 11 knots SE and dropping so far ...

would up to 20 be to much or ok..

they love to going part when we motoring but it is the stop and drift or anchoring bit they not to keen on lol...

oh and sickness remadies??

tablets , ginger, no food ?? so i can try and help the poor little blitters out ..

Full stomach of basic foods bread or pasta etc no milk and a travacalm or some people like the ginger ones but i dont trust em. the travacalm may put them to sleep though.

as for safety depends where you are headed, 25knots in the river is just messy, probably not very dangerous unless you are being silly, 15 knots in the bay is generally pretty uncomfortable in open sections but not too bad for travelling maybe a bit of splash etc. Really it depends on where the wind is coming from and where you are fishing. Where do you usually fish?

The thing that really makes a difference in the open bay areas is wind and tide direction. Generally the tide runs in from north to south in the bay. If the wind is coming from the north it will be running in the same direction as the tide in the incoming (good thing) but when it turns and starts running out, the wind and tide will be in opposite directions. As they push against each other you will see the swell rise.

I have a slightly smaller boat than you and don't go out in the bay if it hits 15knots. I have been out in worse and made it back safely but its not a lot of fun and would get nasty if the weather man was wrong and it picks up

The more the wind picks up the further south into the bay you need to go if you still want to go out like down at jacobs well it gets protected enough for your size boat if its to windy for the northern bay, but really the best way to find this out is experience for yourself my suggestion is if your asking these questions you need more experience so it would be wise to leave from a southern ramp and have an explore down around redland bay, cabbage tree, jacobs well ramps till you get confidence in what your doing. Get yourself brownies beacon to beacon book and it will give you a good idea of all the channels to plan where your going through the bay

Archived