Cheap Tents

powerfish

Hi All

My daughter who is 5 says she is keen to go camping. I don't want to invest a lot of $$ as the reality may be a lot different to her ideas. I was looking online and came across a 3 person tent from around $40 - $50 (Oztrail) but not sure how good they would be. Initially we would be tagging along with a mate and his family who has a camper trailer and has plenty of other gear so not much other investment required as we would pitch the tent beside them.

Would also need an air mattress or similar as sleeping on the floor is not appealing to me even for 1 night.

It would just be the two of us sharing a tent as my wife thinks 4 stars is roughing it.

Any thoughts on quality of these cheap tents?

Thanks

Chris

Which is why I got a 6 man tent thinking it would be comfortable for 2

This one here actually, snipped it for $60 a few months back
/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-6-man-person-3-room-Gecko-camping-hoop-tent-/170908133913?pt=AU_Tents&hash=item27caeb2a19#ht_1659wt_1162

• 3 weeks later...

I went with the Oztrail 3 person tent and we are just back from our first night camping at Noosa North Shore. A little bit of wind and rain last night/this morning and we were snug and dry inside, so it passed the test. Enough room for me and the 5 year old although we did store our esky and dry food in my mates annexe to his cámper trailer.

The final word from the 5 year old -"Next time can we go for 100 nights".

Cheers

Chris

I have one of those 6 Man ET tents,costed me about $89 from big w, and I have been camping in it for the last 3 years but only for a week at a time, and its great, has been in good rain, so I can say its water proof.

I do advise against the really cheap 2 man tents from bigw or kmart, A mate of mine got one of those, and I Think his legs were sticking out.

Fyi don't get one of those lpg lamps, they are great for light, but sounds like a rocket taking off, unless its just mine that sounds like that.

Archived