BCF Cleveland

sari96

looks like its going in on shore st west, across from the isuzu/suzuki dealer. noticed a bit of work going there this morning and the blue paint was already going up on the outside of the shop.

it'll be the end of mossops and maybe the camping store behind mossops though.

parking won't be much better than capalaba either

am thinking thats why fishhead is closing its shop?

Fishhead makes me angry because of there prices.!

Their high end product pricing is very competitive. They are selling daiwa esists for around the same price that you can get one from ebay in japan and you get the benefit of aussie guarantee and superb service from the boys at fishhead ( Most of whom are AFO members)

Cheers

Ray

am thinking thats why fishhead is closing its shop?

Fishhead makes me angry because of there prices.!

Sari a lot of their prices are comparable to that of other retailers and cheaper than others on some things as well. The average fishhead customer goes there for quality products and quality service, you can not get either of these at a BCF, most of the staff in their no nothing about their products. Customer service you can't go past Fishhead, but if you are just after a quick in and out and no specialty products then BCF may be your go.

Andrew

Their prices are definately comparable if not better that the other big tackle stores plus you get the added benifit of all the free info nights they put on for AFO and expert knowledge regarding any part of your fishing world.... wheather it be whiting fishing gear to fly fishing gear for marlin.

There's not too many places in Brisbane where you can do that.

STOP !

About every 6 - 12 months this discussion erupts.

The end of the story is that there are different retail types to cater for different requirements. Sometimes you will get good service and sometimes you will get bad. It can happen at the big outlets or the independent ones.

Go where it makes you happy. Don't go where you are unhappy, and then be unhappy about it. :blink:

Whatever you do don't bag any of the stores in a general way. Feel free to describe an instance of good or bad all you like.

• 1 month later...

It's not BCF that are the problem it's the higher powers making them hire majority of junior staff to cut wage costs. Personally I would rather pay that little bit more and keep going to Charltons at Redbank just for the expertise and knowledge they offer. I will drop in and check out Cleveland at some stage to see if they are better than Ipswich.

Cheers,

Kane

Archived