Show us you best photos.

Brian D

Hey Guys and Gals

I thought I might try something because other then Jeffs monster Thready and some huge Bass from Schultzy things have been a little slow. So how about you show us your favourite or best fishing pic you got on file. We don't need huge stories but a few words would be fine.

This thread has potential to be a \"super thread\".

This has special meaning to me because I took the French Chef Barra fishing for the first time and he caught this but I made him throw it back cause we were going to catch heaps more. Guess what - we didn't and he still hates me.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/20 10:09

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/20 10:15

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

towed my friends brand new 5m tinnie up the coast to double island with my 88 cruiser,After quickly realising without low range i could'nt get it through the cutting to rainbow to launch we awoke sat morn on the beach to a super calm day so i said F*%# the car mate lets launch this monster right here in the waves, got away quickly and hit the reefs. got this on 6½\" alvey with 50lb braid dropped a live yakka to a 40m pinnicle and hooked my best Jewie exactly 1m long and 8.6kgs :woohoo: , awesome fight even pulled line with the drag set tight as i could turn it. Also that day but released caught 2x 3kg snapper 1x 4kg yellowtail kingie and 4x 3.5kg red emperor, getting the boat back on took longer and if it wasnt for that silver nissan patrol (thx mate) i would of lost my cruiser to the sea.:S [img size=396]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/jewie_off_DI_07_II_reduced-17dbd6a6547874f58d2166f8064c65ac.JPG

Post edited by: Confused, at: 2007/08/20 12:11

post-954-144598424827_thumb.jpg

post-954-14459842483_thumb.jpg

Wow this is going to be big.

Feral - you stud :kiss:

Ash looks like he's in love:)

Angus is trying not to burst out with \"Yehaaa\":woohoo:

Love the shot from Azza, very cool;)

Confuesed - nice very nice Jew, it's in great condition B)

But Aaron now you are just showing off:P The first photo you look amazed that you caught it and the 2nd you look like you do it all the time. That's 2 barra each mate so you better do something before I get to Awoonga in 8 weeks.

Thats a bit more respectable longtail!

Almost big enough to keep! :)

Well here is my first Barra, from Lenthalls(also my biggest, I also have unfinished business at Awoonga!)

dateP1050745.jpg

Here is Fergs Barra from Awoonga last year, also respectable at 103cm.

Dscn0133.jpg

And of course I'll put this one for Ray, this is what we all want from Awoonga, 1.3m and 28 kilo's of turbo barra!

awonga032.jpg

Ferg's and Ray's went in the fridge, and tasted very good!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/20 14:39

Angus wrote:

130cm. Nice :) Im waiting for Jeff F :P

Angus

ok gus

when i first joined the site i was amazed at the threadies that were in the gallery and decided that no matter what i was going to work out the habits and how to catch these things

i think i've got it sorted 132cm [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/rivermouth_AFO-07251459946bf18eecd5f3e1fc4f65af.jpg

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/08/20 16:03

post-422-144598424839_thumb.jpg

I am also very proud of the soon to be Mrs Gorrie. She has only been using plastics for a short time. While she has not bagged anything \"amazing\" so to speak, im impressed that she has been consistantly catching fish on them. It took me longer than that! I think its the whole patience thing she has which i dont. She puts up with me after all :P

[img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tanya2-27cdd849b314a7dd28d425c8523b67ac.jpg

post-63-144598425153_thumb.jpg

Schultzy - I won't copy the photo again but do you need another deckie?

Hey Plastic you know that green colour in your cod - that's the colour Aaron turned when he saw it! Did I mention he (aaron) has not caught a McCod:P

Mack - that sure is a nice Dolphin and Stu it good to see that Togo photo again.

Keep em coming - do crap fish count? [img size=477]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/carp-ca499156d32daec9af1e5be02c7734e7.jpg

post-118-144598425174_thumb.jpg

Brian D wrote:

Schultzy - I won't copy the photo again but do you need another deckie?

Hey Plastic you know that green colour in your cod - that's the colour Aaron turned when he saw it! Did I mention he (aaron) has not caught a McCod:P

Mack - that sure is a nice Dolphin and Stu it good to see that Togo photo again.

Keep em coming - do crap fish count? [img size=477]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/carp-ca499156d32daec9af1e5be02c7734e7.jpg

Not true there Brian, Murray Cod I conquered a long time ago(By memory my first freshwater fish), its the Mary river cod I'm after. I'm still green with envy though as I am yet to catch any freshwater cod in Queensland:(

Archived