1st time crabbing

tayk

Hi, I'd like to take the kids crabbing in Brisbane next week, is it a good idea to buy a few pots and try some land based crabbing in the Brissy river? (am thinking somewhere near the river mouth, and buying the pots from crabngear)

Or am I better off going on a charter?

Will be staying in Fortitude Valley and have a car.

Appreciate your advice...

prob go on a charter mate..plenty of crabs around the river mouth but since you are here for a short ime put the pot money into a charter..i recomend fish the deep out of the goldcoast for a charter...good skip and deckie

baptism

i know u lost some pots but you sure they didnt drift away..i have had mine in the water in the river and out in the bay for a total of 0 pots lost for 2 weeks straight all in high boat traffic areas..haven,t even had a pot checked..

prob go on a charter mate..plenty of crabs around the river mouth but since you are here for a short ime put the pot money into a charter..i recomend fish the deep out of the goldcoast for a charter...good skip and deckie

baptism

i know u lost some pots but you sure they didnt drift away..i have had mine in the water in the river and out in the bay for a total of 0 pots lost for 2 weeks straight all in high boat traffic areas..haven,t even had a pot checked..

yeah mate,

I went through the trouble of putting a brick in each of them.

doubt the current could've moved them.

lucky I suppose, I ran out of compact pots so I cant crab in my kayak now.

doesnt help that the missus is bugging me for a feed of muddies :dry:

baptism

yeah mate,

I went through the trouble of putting a brick in each of them.

doubt the current could've moved them.

lucky I suppose, I ran out of compact pots so I cant crab in my kayak now.

doesnt help that the missus is bugging me for a feed of muddies :dry:

I can get the T-Pots but I need to buy them in bulk to get a real good price.

If we can find a few guys who want them I can place an order.

I have to buy 30 at a time and they will cost around $27 ea.

Archived