cleaning spin reels

freedomhawk12

I take mine in the shower with me. Crank up the drag, give it a few spins under the warm/hot shower, spin again to shake off excess water. Then give it a wipe down with a dry, clean cloth. Make sure all the water possible is absorbed from between the spool and the drag washer, then take off the drag, dry any water that is visible in the spool (generally none). Put it back on.

Oil the handle and roller.

Done.

My routine is pretty much the same as Henry's except I'll put the hose on mist and give the whole lot, reel, rod & lure a spray before breaking down, drying and oiling.

I'll also spray a tiny bit if Inox in the roller, bail-arm etc. and wipe the excess over the reel with a microfibre cloth every so often. Just as a bit of extra repellant/lubricant.

My routine is pretty much the same as Henry's except I'll put the hose on mist and give the whole lot, reel, rod & lure a spray before breaking down, drying and oiling.

I'll also spray a tiny bit if Inox in the roller, bail-arm etc. and wipe the excess over the reel with a microfibre cloth every so often. Just as a bit of extra repellant/lubricant.

+1 inox works great

for servicing I send my reels back to shimano (too complex for me to figure out)

Showering with your reels ... Now that is dedication..... Pus 1 for fine mist under the hose and occasional inox

Im not sure if its weird or creepy...

Henry is cleaning them the only thing you do with your reels in the shower :ohmy: :whistle:

nah I clean my rod too.

Archived