81cm on 3lb

Zim man

Hi all

yesterday 51mpl (khoi) and myself hit the rockwall area, looking for snapper and whatever else was hungry.

got there nice and early, it was low tide and it was lumpy as. Not much wind but the swells made it annpying. the water was also dirty brown, like you could plough it. maybe 6 inches visibility.

with this in mind i said to khoi that the Fish Arrow soft plastics would not probably do well coz of this.

khoi mulled over my words of wisdom

post-2016-14459886375_thumb.jpg

about 4 casts in and khoi's light line outfit is having a stroke. drag is peeling off like crazy. no idea what it is, thinking maybe good snapper. 7 minutes into the fight and this thing is still going and is heading into open waters. now we think maybe a turtle since they are all over the place.

i get bored of holding the landing net and put it down to take some action pics. whilst i am faffing around with the camera, khoi casually mentions that the fish is on the surface and could i help. i grab the net and the fish is gone, it has been ID'd as a good jew and excitment is high as none of us have boated a good one before. I am praying that we land it after my camera fiasco. The jewie comes up and is expertly netted by moi.

high fives and bad language is said all round. place the beast on the bragmat and 81cm is the mark. Landed on a phygun rod 3-6lb with 3lb straight through. the lure was a 3 inch flash j shad. the hook was still in perfect condition, not even bent, that really surprised me.

Anyway enough dribble

here is khois pics. Oh, i dodged a donut with a just legal snap but enough about me

post-2016-144598863756_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598863765_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598863774_thumb.jpg

post-2016-14459886378_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598863786_thumb.jpg

and my contribution

post-2016-144598863792_thumb.jpg

thanks for a good morning out. it has now been 4 sessions in a row where my deckies have shown me up, perhaps i should start a guiding business

thanks for reading

rob

Big thanks to Rob for the deckie spot - Dan was originally going to come over and tow my tinny out and Chafule was going to come as well but they both pulled out and so I got to spend a day with a good mate, an awsome memory and an awsome fight.

Never gets old fishing with you mate, always new toys to to test out and new memories to be had so here's to next time.

Also thanks to the replies so far and for those yet to come. I had just come off 8 days in a row at work so this was a bloody good day off!

Lastly for those interested, I was using 3lb Toray Bawo Super Finesse and i'd have to say it is the best spinning fluro i've used so far & a 1/12 TT Jighead

Archived