Mud island to Port session reporting in - 16/10/12

tekung

Docked off at pinkenba 6:00am Tuesday morning with my little brother and a friend. Shot straight out to Mud island in average 8knot NE winds.

Dropped a few pillies and squid but only ended up with undersize squires and some stripey reef fish. Had some rods out loaded with pike, yakkas and mullet, minutes later the overhead screams and in comes a shark, nothing else for the day but unofficial bites.

headed north of Mud, bumped into some tailor and tuna surface feeding bait balls, caught a tailor but no tuna. it was extremely difficult to chase them, i gave up after 15mins

back to the port we went to flick some plastics. threw out some damiki rippers which have been doing me good lately, shortly im on to a 48cm squire which gave me abit of grief on light gear. got my mate to hold the fish to first blood his damiki lip grip.

i'll remember to take more pictures on my many trips to come

182549_10151108645117849_2097295095_n.jpg

47438_10151110804117849_326284201_n.jpg

Nice work bro.

Ports where the snaps at haha I don't know why you guys bothered going mud lol

What sort of boat did you get? I saw piks on fb of rocket launchers but no boat.

Haha why didn't you guys go straight beacons n jig for mackerel :P

You guys had the right gear on board lol

Nice report Tim :)

Peter looks so happy haha

haha yeh, happy to use the lip grip im thinking

Good on you mate, let me know if you are heading out on the weekend. I'm always happy to meet new people and go try new places.

Kane

might not see the waters anytime soon, the weather looks like its going to be hell, will swing you something in the inbox for when i head out next time

Nice work bro.

Ports where the snaps at haha I don't know why you guys bothered going mud lol

What sort of boat did you get? I saw piks on fb of rocket launchers but no boat.

Haha why didn't you guys go straight beacons n jig for mackerel :P

You guys had the right gear on board lol

got me a 03 allycraft bar raider, love it to bits, i'll get more photos up the next time im out.

havnt fished at mud in almost half a year lol so i gave it another shot and was dissapointed. by the time we headed back the weather worsen, just not the day i guess.

Looks like some nice rods and reels in the rod holders there. Great report mate.

Cheers

Matt

thanks mate

Archived