Small Tinnies - Decking.

gardiner

Hey there guys.

I am currently looking around at some small cheap tinnies. Seen a few boats that are about 3m - 3.4m long and was wondering whether this would be too small to have 2 people out on the boat at once?

Also i am exactly sure what hulls are good for what. I have seen flat hulls and had people say they a great, but others have said there aren't too great. So I was wondering what hulls you find to do the job for river systems and canals. And which hull would be the most stable and most appropiate for decking out.

When decking out a casting deck, i would like to have a stable frame. Mates suggested to get the frame parts together and take it into a aliminium welding store. I just want to go the cheapest way possible as not sure how much dollar i want to spend. I believe marine ply would be better for the actually deck?

I am just trying to get opinions and options before i do anything.

Also if anyone has a little boat for sale let me know ;)

Cheers.

I like punts for stability. Unless you are heading offshore then they are not the best for cutting through any waves. V nosed punt is a great alrounder. Here's what I did for cheap decking.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/general-boating/397627-punt-removable-casting-deck-on-the-cheap-updated?limitstart=0

Archived