Hope island, Flicking with a few SPs, 18th of October

LOX Flats Basher

Headed out to a few of my usual spots around the Hope Island and Jabiru Island region on foot.

After arriving at around 11:45 in the morning I proceeded to hit the flats with a selection of gulp Sps. A few whiting came on board, as well as a decent Long Tom but he threw the hook about 2 feet from the bank :S

The whiting fell to gulp 2 inch (I think) sand worms in a sandy natural colour and the long tom fell to a minnow in nuclear chicken SP, all running a size 2 TT hidden weight system jighead.

The weather did hold me back somewhat but it was a great way to review Berkleys' new Fireline Exceed (see seperate review) and give my new combo a good going over, a 1-3 kg LOX 2 piece matched with a daiwa frearms 2000.

After making a move to the pylons of Jabiru island bridge I dead sticked a few gulp baby prawns in natural and the fingermark hit hard, proving to be a bit of fun. Nothing big but that isnt what its about to me.

Tides were roughly at the peak of the high when I arrived and I fished the run out in both locations. Wind was a good 15 knots to the north west (ish). Water quality was excellant and there was a lot of bait about, with herring and mullet everywhere.

Just a quick one as I'm busy setting up for this garage sale but I promise my future exploits will be more detailed.

Good fishing

Brad

Archived