Is the Tailor Season Over in Gold Coast ?

blue09

Hi all,

Since few weeks, the weather recently has become hotter and hotter and I could not catch any tailor with the metal lure that I was always successful.

Do you think the tailor season is over for fishing from the beach?

I will be glad if there are some recent spots for tailor.

Cheers all.

still around.. get rid of the slugs and use some pillies,do a bit of research for best times to chase tailor, may be helpfull.

Thanks for the quick reply, I did a research and then I started this thread to finding out more.

Regarding to my experiences, deeper water and cloudy days, lowest but incoming tide around 1-2pm are the best times.

Alive yellow tail is always the best bait for tailors, which is impossible to find in Qld.

Frozen pillies are too soft they dont last at the waves, and fall apart when you cast.

Need some other ideas.

salt your pillies down to make them harder, try also strips of mullet. Tailor has no set rules, usually before dawn and dusk onwards. I hve caught them on incoming as well as outgoing tides.

Thank you again mate, I salted them today and went down the beach just before dusk.

I did not have much hope so I only took 5 pillies with me, and I got a very good size tailor.

At every cast there were bites, it was fun.

You could always try stips of bonito for bait! Much tougher then the pillies and the big guys love it.

I'm heading down the coast on fri nt for a fish, I'll let ya know if I get a few.

Good luck

Thank you but I dont know where can I find bonitos.

I got a tailor today with pillie.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived