2 Black Beauty's off the Goldie.

Bri The Pom

Met up with the Conradi brothers, Matt & Deno this morning for a fish in Matt's Formosa. We headed out to the 24's in search a snapp or something similar, we used our usual tactics of bottom bashing and my preffered method of floatlinning out a pillie or livie, we had a few livies so one went out the back under a balloon. The plan was do this for a couple of our then troll for these little blacks that were hearing about.After a few hours we had caught and released a few just over snapps,venus fish,trevally and a decent shark. The balloon started to move swiftly and 20lb line started peel off the 4000 size reel, first thought was shark or even better a cobia,Matt was on to what was to be our first marlin for us all, having no experience handling these fish we tried our best, but with a 20lb leader it was soon over boat side.

After this we decided to troll around then head home, we had 3 lures out and Matt's skirt got hit first and then nothing, but then Den's Rapala went off a Deno was next to try and land second marlin,but to no avail, same again, small leader and busted boat side. As for me a donut, Added clips of the marlin brothers in action.

Cheers Boys,once again a pleasure.
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9sSMuO6z3Y&feature=plcp
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM64i_-mElg&feature=plcp

Kelvin, it was a first for all of us,great to see them boatside.

I think we all have learnt to start upping leader size now, we had 2 skirts out with 200lb leader and a hardbody with 30lb and it went for the weakest.

Its all learning, so next time we may land one. At least very little stress to the fish which is a positive.

Thanks for sharing mate, a couple cool little vids. So many chances boat side to land these awesome fish, the guys took it pretty well when they swam away i was expecting about 2 minutes of censored beeps lol

Well at least you know where they are so it's only a matter of time now before ones in the boat, well done !!

Nice work mate

Nice little black marlin.

I can't wait to catch my first one on my boat.

I'm thinking of going out GC Saturday morning to target cobia if the weather is okay.

Was the Marlin caught on the 24's mark you took me?

Shane

No mate further north, we were trolling back to the seaway, We were anchored up on the nothern end of diamond reef, when the livie got hit.So literally only a few k's from the seaway.

But don;t tell anyone ;)

Kelvin, it was a first for all of us,great to see them boatside.

I think we all have learnt to start upping leader size now, we had 2 skirts out with 200lb leader and a hardbody with 30lb and it went for the weakest.

Its all learning, so next time we may land one. At least very little stress to the fish which is a positive.

All the more exciting then. And they held the leader, so officially it counts. Well done.

Archived