Jerky Spice

safisher71

Hi All

I noticed that some people on this forum are hunters as well as fishermen and gather meat during the hunting season.

I have some jerky/biltong spice that is used to cure the strips of meat into jerky. It is easy to do and a cheap alternative to eating game for the next 6 months.

Each Kg of raw meat needs only 50 grams of spice and the cost of the spice is $15 per Kg. So 1 Kg will season about 20Kg's of meat.

It tastes great and is easy to do.

Contact me if you would like to buy some.

Cheers

Hi All

I noticed that some people on this forum are hunters as well as fishermen and gather meat during the hunting season.

I have some jerky/biltong spice that is used to cure the strips of meat into jerky. It is easy to do and a cheap alternative to eating game for the next 6 months.

Each Kg of raw meat needs only 50 grams of spice and the cost of the spice is $15 per Kg. So 1 Kg will season about 20Kg's of meat.

It tastes great

and is easy to do.

Contact me if you would like to buy some.

Cheers

what flavour bud

Hi Mad Mullet

There is Peri Peri with a nice chillie bite, smokey BBQ and standard Corriander and spice. They are all full of flavour and great as snacks when out there fishing.

I personally enjoy the Peri Peri and use beef as I don't hunt. Friends of mine buy spices from me to dry deer and Roo meat which I get samples of.

Cheers

Yes, the meat still has to be dried. Some people have driers, but most use a box and fan to keep the air circulating around the meat. The QLD weather will do the rest. The box is to keep the flies and roaches off the meat.

A drier can be purchased on ebay or gumtree for $150.

I have even seen some hang the meat under their house with fans blowing onto the meat. All get the same result. It does not rot as the salt cures and dries it in about 3-4 days.

Cheers

Yes, the meat still has to be dried. Some people have driers, but most use a box and fan to keep the air circulating around the meat. The QLD weather will do the rest. The box is to keep the flies and roaches off the meat.

A drier can be purchased on ebay or gumtree for $150.

I have even seen some hang the meat under their house with fans blowing onto the meat. All get the same result. It does not rot as the salt cures and dries it in about 3-4 days.

Cheers

all good i have a drier i also make my own spices but i will give yours a go for a change thanks man yum yum i have chicken in my smoker now yum yum lol

Archived