Burpengary Creek

sconnolly89

Hi All,

Was thinking about hitting up Burpengary Creek sometime soon. Was wondering if anyone fishes that stretch. Maybe a launch at O Leary ave and follow the creek along. Would that area be generally safe for parking etc or can anyone recommend another launch spot along there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Yeah, your fine parked there. Fish it all the time. Did a post not long ago with info on the creek for someone wanting to do a trip.

Tide runs about 1 - 2 hours behind, and goes hard.

Dont forget the aeroguard.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/general-boating/434823-some-help-buying-my-first-boat-please#445754

I virtually always fish it in my yak.

Just need to keep an ear out for the locals, they come through there at full throttle.

First few hundred metres of Little Burpengary creek is worth sneaking up, its shallow in the straights, but nice deep corners.

Sunday tides perfect for a dawn launch. (4:30, 5:00am) Saturday the 10th is probably first weekend tides are ok for gentlemans hours..

Thanks Binder. So just to clarify, I would park at the Uhlmann road boat ramp at low tide and then walk across the flats to the creek. I haven't been there before at low tide, would I have to wade through much water to get to the creek? Just asking as I usually take my nephew and niece with me and if there's a fair bit of water to cross I probably won't be able to take them as they're only fairly young. Cheers

Went for a run out there this morning. Apart from the heavy rain and high wind, it was a good trip ;)

Rain cleared up by 6am and was a nice day on the water. After about 8 it got pretty busy, saw quite a few yaks and boats in there this morning.

Typical view of the top end of the creek about 1/2 tide

post-11051-144598874414_thumb.jpg

My trip from this morning

post-11051-144598874407_thumb.jpg

hi Binder,

Was that you who gave me a wave this morning? I was anchored up where the creek splits just down from the sewage plant. Was in the blue & white kayak near the young guys in the two boats. Same deal here, paddled up form o leary ave and got one bite for the morning. still, was happy as it was my first trip up the creek. Will prob go again soon and will let others know if they want to tag along.

A few bait fish around alright but that was just about it! Didnt see anyone catch anything yesterday. Got talking to a couple of guys who were out all night but all they got were crabs and a cod in a pot sat night and one in the same pot sun morning. So all in all they just shut down over the weekend. Will have to give it another go I suppose. A mate of mine fished ningi creek yesterday and got 10 all up, so he done well. 6 Bream, 3 flatties and a whiting all good sizes.

Ningi creek was one of my favourite spots before the floods. Have not fished it for over a year. It was totally buggered after the floods, all the sea grass gone and the channels scoured out.

I did intend to get there in winter to see if it had come back, as I used to love sight casting lures at the bream in the shallows behind the island. Never made it.

Archived