Toga tackle

Surfingant

I generally use 3-4kg line and 10-15lb trace depending on if I am fishing the weed banks or in the heavy timber.

I prefer surface lures for Toga as a surface strike is just spectacular from them,something you really need to experience.

I like Jitterbugs and Cicadas and walk the dog style lures but any small lures work well.

Small divers and spinnerbaits are great too.

I have done well with the Austackle Sakanas up there,they seem to love those little lures.especially the gold one.

There is also a ton of bass in the lake so all your normal bass gear is fine for both bass and toga.

One lure Lance mentioned - we have had some explosive takes on Jitterbugs.

A couple of other styles are Megabass Anthrax and Buzzbaits.

Nothing special in terms of gear, probably biggest thing is some leader if you're up in the sticks. I'm pretty sure Lee has caught some 70-80cm models on 4lbs mainline... I use 8 and 10lbs.

Just remember, get in tight to structure. If they're firing you will be able to sight cast them as they lurk around the surface.

Have two rods ready. One with surface, one with a spinner bait. If you drop/miss one on the surface, drop the rod and throw the spinner at it. You will notice they quite often wont hit the surface one again, but will the spinner. Also good if you have 2 in the boat (or 2 kayaks nearby) - as you can snipe your mates missed surface strike :silly:

I mean... work together to get the toga ;)

Thanks Lance and Terry :) I'll grab a couple of jitterbugs, already have cicadas as they are my preferred bass surface lure. Megabass hey? How much money do you think I earn? ;):lol:

Alright well the spinnerbait outfit is sorted with my baitcaster, for surface and hards I'll rig up my heavier bass spin combo B)

Archived