Quality shimano or daiwa reels

luresalltheway

Gen blacks are $150 at all stores.... the "pinsta" "itchy twitchy" or "wild weasel" would be the models to look at for the ratings you want. I've got the "drunkn monkey" and its feels on par with my steez. very crisp blanks and look wicked, best $150 rod on the market by far.

as for reel, aird's are like $120 new at bcf stores. and freams is $220 as is the gekka.

hope that helps.

I strongly recommend Shimano FX 4000FB which is a light and a nice reel.

I am using this reel since 2010, and it is very successful even catching very big fishes.

Lastly I rolled to the sea from the rocks broke my finger, rod was broken as well, the reel fel into the sandy water, and now still works but turns very hardly.

I am thinking to buy a more professional reel at the moment. Thinking about DAM or Daiwa.

But, regarding to your expectations I only can recommend this Shimano which will cost you max 30 dollars on ebay or similar at Big W.

My all-round go to rod and reel is the Shimano Sahara 2500 reel and Sahara 2-4kg, 7.1ft rod. I have this loaded with 12lb braid and have used leader from 10lb up to 20lb and I have caught everything from whiting to snapper on it.

It's not as flash as some of the combo's that people will recommend but it does the job very well and feels good when loaded with a nice fish.

You really have to go into the shop and test the rod out to be honest as everyone has a different idea of what they like in a rod and reel package.

I would suggest that you start with something like the Sahara combo and go from there. It's a great entry level rod and reel and if you look after it she will last you years.

my 2c,

Kane

my little yak combo is a sienna 2500 with 8lb braid on it and a shimano sss sonic pro v2 3-5kg. this rod got blooden in on the weekend on a 42.5 cm yella belly and it was like nothing bringing him up. he was fighting hard but the action of the rod gave good resistance and helped with the retrieval. all up its worth about 130 bucks rrp as a combo but i know you should be able to get both at around the 100 mark

my little yak combo is a sienna 2500 with 8lb braid on it and a shimano sss sonic pro v2 3-5kg. this rod got blooden in on the weekend on a 42.5 cm yella belly and it was like nothing bringing him up. he was fighting hard but the action of the rod gave good resistance and helped with the retrieval. all up its worth about 130 bucks rrp as a combo but i know you should be able to get both at around the 100 mark

you can get this specific combo at BCF for $69.95 when it's on special :)

Archived