Moreton bay Tuna/Curtains reef session - Reporting 05/11/12

tekung

Last minute decision to hit the bay for some fishing. Docked off at 4am and blazed across the bay at sunrise to get some bait until we bumped into some big mactuna carving up the surface.

We chase them abit, waiting for them to surface again and then 1st cast in with a 20g Halco twisty, I'm on. this thing peels half my spool immediately and gets me in panic mode. so we used the boat to our advantaged and chased it. 40mins later, the fish is in the boat with smiles and cheers all around. outfit was my softplastic setup, 2500 shimano technium, 10lb braid 12lb leader. fish went 80cm guestimating 5-6kg, this was one of the smaller mac's compared to what we saw, still no complaints here.

76210_526638077364342_600103754_n.jpg

Visited curtains reef after priming up with livies. 3 times we got dusted, just couldnt stopped wateva it was down there, it was just lucky that it didnt climb onto the stella/saltiga outfit or I would've had more photos to share.

that was it, great day. here's the trooper that takes all the beating and bashing

Tim

178148_10151077935301695_970048427_o.jpg

Theres some big tuna around measured mile atm.

We got massive ones few weeks ago.

Use zman streakz 3inch in white on 1/4 tt. Youl catch more :whistle:

Did you guys try for mackerel were i told you.

Curtain has alot of big kingies. Some dude on vhf got a meter long one and a 18kg cobia there.

Come offshore Wenesday lol im thinking of heading out. Weathers pretty average after that,

Shane

Visited curtains yesterday again to get redemption :angry: .

We had 3 kingy's that we couldnt stop in time, 1 mackerel that bit us off, and something that pulled 12kg locked drag like it was on free spool. we floated the live bait out and sent some with 10oz sinkers down deep. the anonymous fish won again :( scared the heck out of all of us when it pulled the drag like a steam train.

oh well, maybe 3rd time lucky or im giving up fishing :lol:

Archived