Flurocarbon Fishing line - will i get more hits?

Miller 197

Flurocarbon lines do have a number of advantages over mono. Obviously it`s near invisibility under water,especially great in clear/clean waters.

It is denser than mono with considerably less stretch, and I believe one can feel more through the line than with mono. Fluro also has a higher abrasion resistance.

Due to it`s make up, it does sink at a faster rate, than mono.This could be a for or against factor depending on how/style of your fishing.

Flurocarbon lines do have a number of advantages over mono. Obviously it`s near invisibility under water,especially great in clear/clean waters.

It is denser than mono with considerably less stretch, and I believe one can feel more through the line than with mono. Fluro also has a higher abrasion resistance.

Due to it`s make up, it does sink at a faster rate, than mono.This could be a for or against factor depending on how/style of your fishing.

+1

except the last point.

Flouro sinks, mono floats (the ones I use anyway)

flouro also have a reflective index closer to water which makes it harder to see, and also has less memory.

I would use flouro for anything other that top water lures where I want to keep the line on the surface.

Ultimately it depends on skill and accuracy as well; if you put the lure where the fish are and tempt them they'll bite. I've used 50lb mono casting poppers and get bites from tiny bream haha; so they might not know any better :silly:

+1

except the last point.

Flouro sinks, mono floats (the ones I use anyway)

flouro also have a reflective index closer to water which makes it harder to see, and also has less memory.

I would use flouro for anything other that top water lures where I want to keep the line on the surface.

Ultimately it depends on skill and accuracy as well; if you put the lure where the fish are and tempt them they'll bite. I've used 50lb mono casting poppers and get bites from tiny bream haha; so they might not know any better :silly:

cheers... agree re mono leader for surface action.

I read the question as asking;if he were to spool with flurocarbon line, would he have more feel/sensitivity over mono.

yes, flouro would have more sensitivity over mono

but it still has some stretch and line memory

thats why most people use braid with a leader; braid provides sensitivity and the leader stretch allows shock during the initial take and abrasion resistance during the fight

hope that helps

Archived